Friday, March 14, 2014

It's Heeeeeeeeere! (A Celebrating The Small Things Post)

Today on My Pet Blog, we're taking part in VikLit's Celebrate The Small Things bloghop where participants celebrate happenings of any size from the past week. Please click on the pic to the left or the link above for a complete list of participants.

Here's what I'm celebrating this week:

Effigy has a cover. (Well, an e-book cover anyway. The paperback version will be coming along shortly.) I know I haven't shut up much about it lately on various social media forums—and I'm sorry for that—but it's exciting, and even though I'm also terrified by the idea, I can't wait to share it with all of you. The one downside to this achievement is that it's another cleared major hurdle on the path to publication. If this progress keeps up, I'll actually have to work out the problems I'm having with Effigy's sequel. Yikes! Anyway, there's a cover, and I love it.

—The Veronica Mars movie opens today. Some lucky bastards got to see the movie last night at an advanced showing. Some other lucky bastards are seeing the movie today. I have tickets for tomorrow, so today will be an exercise in patience and willpower. I say 'willpower' because sitting in my inbox right now is a link to a digital download of the movie and a PDF of the script itself. I will. not. open. them. until. Sunday. Please spare a kind thought for the three people accompanying me to the movie this weekend. I have no idea how they're going to not lock me in a basement until it's time to go. And then not shove me in the trunk of the car during the 2+ hour drive to the movie theater. The worst thing is that I'm really trying to contain myself and be a remotely normal person when this is what I'm like on the inside:


And probably the outside, too. I do suck at containing myself.

So that's going to do it for me today. I still have two more episodes to watch today.

What are you celebrating this week? Have a great weekend, all!

39 comments:

  1. Wait - you can download the movie right now, as in download it and watch it RIGHT NOW, and yet you're waiting almost two days to see it in a movie theater two hours away?

    Whoa. You deserve a Veronica Mars badge or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Or something' is probably more accurate. =)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the cover for Effigy! That's awesome! Looking forward to when you're able to share it... :)

    I also can't wait to see the Veronica Mars movie, but...well...I do have to wait, since I can't go to the theater until next week, heh. (You're lucky for being able to see it as soon as Saturday!) I'm still waiting for the digital version to pop up in my inbox, so I'll likely cave and watch it pre-theater, 'cause I'm weak like that... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure my significant other believes I'll cave, too.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see your cover!
    One more day. You'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I better. I'll never hear the end of it otherwise.

      Delete
  4. A good cover is so important. I hope we get to see it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it will be soon. Soon-ish.

      Delete
  5. When can we see the cover?!

    Have fun this weekend! What am I saying - of course you will. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon. Soon-ish. Probably.

      And yes, I will likely be having too much fun this weekend.

      Delete
  6. Yes, we want to see the cover! I want to pet it and give it the baby talk too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I can't wait to see the cover. . .I adore covers! And I'm sure it's great. Congrats on deciding to self-publish (I'm playing catch-up ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love covers, too. It's always so cool to see what people can come up with.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Wise words, but I have proven thus far to be terrible at enjoying the ride. Hope I improve soon!

      Delete
  9. SOOOOOO excited for the movie! I'm probably going tonight, but I might be forced to wait until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have 18 hours left to go. Not that I'm counting or anything. Except I am totally doing that.

      Delete
  10. So exciting! I can't wait to see the cover! I swear, that's one of my favorite parts of publishing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! When do we get to see this cover? So exciting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure exactly when the "big" reveal will be, but I hope to do it soon. Next month maybe?

      Delete
  12. Cover, cool! I get why you're excited, and you can squee all over the Internet if you like. You're entitled.

    You could watch the digital download so that you can enjoy the big screen experience all the more. You get so much more out of the second viewing, and if the second viewing is on the big screen...

    (Picture me with horns sitting on the other shoulder...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn...that's a good idea. *feels resolve crumbling*

      Delete
  13. That's great news about your cover! I can't wait to see it. Get thee to Veronica Mars!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A cover!!! How exciting. It's like seeing a sonogram and knowing you're really going to be a parent. Um, I assume.

    Have fun at the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A cover is always exciting! Let yourself celebrate a little.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic news about your cover! I hope you can keep sane until the movie. I have a meeting with my local critique group and a 4 year old's birthday party with parents who are strangers to me. Awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see your cover! Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. HA! LOVE the gif! I'm also impossible to contain when I'm excited about something. Happy news :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Today is Saturday. I'm off since its a Jewish Holiday for me. I've been glued to the couch all day reading the book of Esther and now visiting fellow blog hoppers.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your book cover! That's great news and you should feel free to celebrate as much as you want (but work on that sequel, too!)

    I'm going to see the Veronica Mars movie with the mrs. tonight. Can't wait! Hope you're enjoying your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have fun at the movie....one of my favorite things to do, too, but had not heard of the one you mention, so now I'm curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck to you and your endeavours.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on Effigy :)

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  24. Talk all you want about your cover.
    Talk all you want.

    So, how was Veronica?
    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you enjoyed the movie. I love your excited clips!

    ReplyDelete