Monday, March 10, 2014

Goal Post

This week's My Pet Blog drinking game: do a shot every time I mention Veronica Mars and/or how freakin' excited I am to see the movie this weekend. (Please play responsibly.)

So, yeah. I'm going to be fangirling pretty hard this week—harder than usual, I mean—and I thought it might be wise to set myself some goals to help ground me a little as I count down the very moments to the premiere of the Veronica Mars movie. (shot #1! or #2, if you count the opening disclaimer.)

These goals are:

1. Complete re-watch of the Veronica Mars series in preparation of viewing the Veronica Mars movie. (Shot #2. Or #3. Players' choice.)

I'm at the beginning of season three right now and, if I've done my math right, I need to watch three episodes a day in order to finish by Friday evening. My day job will make this probably my biggest challenge of the week, but I will persevere. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. Right?

2. Finalize Effigy's blurb. 

No more drafts. It needs to be over and done with, and that's going to happen this week. Thanks again, by the way, to everyone who provided much needed feedback on that last draft.

3. Work out plot problems in Second Nature's chapters 22-24.

I know where the story currently is, and I know where I want it to end up. I just need to figure out how to properly build the bridge that'll connect the two. Maybe I'll find the answer in season three of Veronica Mars... (I just really wanted everyone to do another shot. #3/4, y'all!)

4. Walk at least 10 miles this week.

There's a lot of couch time in my immediate future.(VERONICA MARS! #4/5) I need to offset it somewhat.

5. Don't throw a temper tantrum if the big snowstorm they're predicting for midweek actually hits.

This winter has sucked for so many of us, I know. It's had me seriously wondering why I don't live in some tropical paradise somewhere (spiders, snakes, and lizards, mostly), but I am a lifelong New Englander, so I will suck it up and deal. Because, hey, what's another foot of freakin' snow at this point? At least it'll cover up the six inches of ice coating my driveway, right? Seriously, snow. You and I are going to have a confrontation.

My relationship with snow this winter.
Everyone do a shot!

What's on your agenda this week?

43 comments:

  1. I duly appreciate getting knockered to start the week off. To say nothing of (hic!) breakfast. Thanks, Veronica! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's five o'clock somewhere, right? At least that's what I've been telling myself.

      Delete
  2. I hope the snow doesn't interfere with your movie plans for this weekend. Not that it could - I'm sure you'd snow shoe or whatever to get to the theater. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowshoe to Boston? No problem. And yes, I would totally do that.

      But the weekend forecast has been perfect so far. Here's hoping it stays that way. =)

      Delete
  3. Sorry you might get hit with more snow. This has been a long winter. If you can't get to the store though, that will give you time to finish Veronica Mars though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone do a shot!

      And I would likely be required to go to the store regardless of the severity of the storm. A couple of winters ago we had a snow emergency—in New Hampshire, so you know there was a lot of snow. And I still had to go to work. And what's worse is that people still came to shop that day.

      Delete
  4. Finish that blurb!

    I'm hoping our snow last week was the last of the season. I'm tired of freezing to death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually have a couple of big snowstorms in March, and at least one in April. And usually I just roll with it. But this year, I am so over it.

      And I'm kind of hoping the blurb has finished itself since the last time I looked at it...

      Delete
  5. I'm tired of the snow too. Good luck with your goals and enjoy the Veronica Mars film! Do another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your goals! And I hope the next snow misses you! It's been a very annoying winter, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked the forecast again...I don't think the next snow will be missing me. Better luck next time, I guess.

      Delete
  7. I'm sick of winter, too. I'm in Minnesota and it's been especially bad this year. Last weekend it hit the 20s and it felt like a heat wave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. We had a day that was above freezing this weekend, and it was heaven. I much prefer it when 32 degrees is cold...not warm. =)

      Delete
  8. Go drunk, you're home!
    I mean
    Go home, I'm drunk!

    Good thing I did my shots with coffee!

    Can't wait for VM!!! It's going to be EPIC!

    I'm so sorry I missed your last post. I'll go back to read it with my tail between my legs!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's really no need to be sorry. I recognize the fact that people might have a life outside of this blog and don't hang on my every word...And they shouldn't. I'm really quite boring.

      Delete
  9. Urgh, blurbs. I feel your pain!

    Good luck with this week's goals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Winter has been the bane of my existence since it started. I'll be glad to see it waltz off stage until December. And I'm with you on the tropical paradise, cripes, it doesn't even have to be paradise; it just has to be warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point, 'warm' and 'paradise' just might be the same thing...

      Delete
  11. You've almost finished the blurb?!? That's epic. How long have you been puzzling over that thing?

    I'm trying to decide if I want to see Veronica Mars Friday night or Saturday. Fridays I tend to be a bit loopy...

    If you're sick of winter, you really should consider a move to California. We don't even remember what winter is. (I won't tell you what the high was here yesterday.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been puzzling over the blurb for an embarrassingly long time. It's my own fault, though. I really wasn't taking it seriously until recently. And even then I don't take it seriously all the time.

      My significant other is currently trying to get me to move to Florida. Or Arizona. Or any warm weather state. Another snow storm or two, and I just may give in.

      Delete
  12. Have fun watching all those episodes! And I hear ya about the snow. No more!!! I can't wait for spring....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have a good time watching Veronica Mars.

      Oops...time to do another shot.

      Delete
  13. Just remember to get those three episodes in no matter what. Screw work and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your goals. (I'm too tired from the day job for anything more enthusiastic. ^^;;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been there. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

      Delete
  15. I wish I actually was near some alcohol when I read this post. Unfortunately all I had was shots of tepid tea. I too am a big fan of Veronica Mars and have been waiting for this movie ever so long. It will probably be a few more months before I can see it here in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie will also be available for digital download the day of release...

      Delete
  16. MJ do a shot for me since my body doesn't process alcohol. This week, cut lots of hair, write as much as possible.

    Hugs and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure my body does either. That's why I have to stick to virtual drinking games. =)

      Delete
  17. I don't get the whole Veronica Mars thing. But don't try to explain it to me; it's too late for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just so long as you don't try to explain the appeal of Star Wars to me...

      Delete
  18. Maybe if the snow storm hits, you can build Veronica Mars snow people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and it was perfect snow for snowpeople, too! Now it's all frozen over, but MAN, that would've been so awesome!

      Delete
  19. LOL. I'm not sure I can comment - if I were playing along, I'd be too drunk to write coherently!! ;) Yes, it's going to be a tough job to watch all of those episodes again, but stay strong. I know you can do it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who was it who said "Write drunk, edit sober"? Maybe drinking games will help us all...

      Delete
  20. Go finalize that blurb before your own drinking game deems that impossible. And screw the day job. You need that time for rewatching your show!

    As for me this week, I'm applying for a second job. Man, do I need professional help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked three jobs at one point. Of course, I don't have any children. I can't even begin to imagine how you manage it all.

      Delete
  21. Yay for VM!! I hope it's everything you want it to be. :)

    ReplyDelete