Monday, March 17, 2014

Free Space

Today's post is going to be a quick one, with me pretty much just taking a look back at last week's goals and how I did with them.

1. Complete re-watch of the Veronica Mars series in preparation of viewing the Veronica Mars movie.

Completed. But of course I did. That's what obsessive fangirls do. I also went to Massachusetts to see the movie (which I loved, by the way. But of course I did. That's what obsessive fangirls do...) and then watched the movie a second time exactly twenty-four hours later. I imagine a third viewing won't be far behind as I attempt to figure out what I'm supposed to do with my life now that the Veronica Mars anticipation train has finally rolled into the station.

2. Finalize Effigy's blurb.

Oh. Right. That. I haven't done this yet. (But of course I haven't. That's what...pathetic people do.) I guess I could probably do this with my life now.

3. Work out the plot problems in Second Nature's chapters 22-24.

I may have done this. It's a little too early to tell.

4. Walk at least 10 miles this week.

I logged only nine miles. But I've decided to give myself a bonus mile because I probably walked at least that far while dealing with all the snow from last week's storm. Plus, the snow was super heavy (heavy enough to break my shovel), so I could even be into bonus miles if I wanted to go that route...

5. Don't throw a temper tantrum if the big snowstorm they're predicting actually hits.

It came. It snowed. I shoveled. A lot. As I mentioned in the last goal, my shovel broke fairly early on, so it even took longer than it (probably) would have normally. But I didn't throw a temper tantrum. Good for me.

And on that note, I'm headed out. I'll be taking a blogging break for a while—probably for the rest of the month—so there won't be any new goals for the week ahead. I know this might disappoint you, but look at it this way—neither will there be any more gushing over Veronica Mars... (and there was much rejoicing!)

Anyway, take care, everyone, and thank you for stopping by today. I'll see y'all in April.

35 comments:

  1. Will miss your posts, but dang, if you broke your shovel in the midst of that huge dumping of snow you got, you deserve double bonus points, double donuts, and yet another viewing of Veronica Mars. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double donuts??

      *runs off to break all the shovels*

      Delete
  2. I absolutely think you should count bonus miles! And glad you enjoyed the movie so much - like there was any doubt? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. The whole thing could've been Rob Thomas (VM's creator) acting the story out with Barbie dolls, and I still would've loved it.

      Actually, I really would have loved that.

      Delete
  3. Bonus miles for sure! Especially in snow.
    Glad you enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonus miles it is, then. Which is good because I have a Veronica Mars hangover and can't get off my couch.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on not throwing a fit about the snow. Although I would've broken that stupid shovel even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think I wasn't tempted to do just that...

      Delete
  5. Ah. Trust me to tag you in a blog hop just when you're heading out on a blogging break! But I did tag you over on my blog, so... You're it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something to look forward to when I do come back! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I need to set goals like you do!!! And I've never seen Veronica Mars... but I've SEEN IT EVERYWHERE... it must be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think so, but I'm probably not the most unbiased person on this subject.

      Delete
  7. We'll be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frigging snow. When will it go away?!?!

    See you next month. May it be free of shoveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would certainly be nice, wouldn't it?

      Delete
  9. Time to work for a Veronica Mars sequel! I mean, they did leave enough story there for a sequel to be plausible...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the exact same thought about a sequel. I'd love to see the story continued in any way they can.

      Delete
  10. Good job on your goals. And enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Make the most of your blog spring break. Blurb homework is due at the end of the month. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. if you use half the voice your blog has in a blurb, you're golden - seriously! you are snarky and witty and engaging!

    have a nice break - i have one more post (the theme reveal on friday) then spring break!

    happy leprechaun day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful blog you have here and a pleasure to read.
    I am Yvonne. an Ambassador of Arlee Bird of the A to Z Challenge. I notice you have not got a A to Z Logo on your blog, it would be advantagous to display one as would be readers would see you are part of the challenge. I do look forward to visit you in April Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your shovel broke?! That's some hefty weightlifting.

    Hope your hiatus works out well with you. Stay cozy with your Veronica Mars!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy the time away.

    VM ROCKED!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you for not throwing a temper tantrum. You're a better woman than I. Have a good break!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you enjoyed the Veronica Mars movie! I've already seen it twice, since I'm an obsessive fangirl, too. ;)

    Enjoy your blogging break!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope the snow is easing now. Have a good bloggy break :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh. The Veronica Mars movie was everything I hoped it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy your break. I have to take them frequently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your goals! I definitely wanted to throw a tantrum last Monday, because I was supposed to start my first day of a new job. lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy blogging break. I hope spring arrives for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete