Friday, March 7, 2014

Celebrating Things Both Large And Small

Today on My Pet Blog, I'm taking part in VikLit's weekly bloghop, Celebrate The Small Things where participants share whatever it is they're celebrating from the past week. (Click on the link for a complete list of participants.)

And as you can guess from the title, I have a wide variety of celebrations today, but let's start with the small stuff and work our way up, shall we?

—There's only one week remaining until the premiere of the Veronica Mars movie! Which means there's only one more week that you'll have to hear about it here! Of course, then, you'll have to hear about how much I loved it, but we can tackle that problem later. This week I procured a copy of the soundtrack for this sure-to-be amazing film, and I highly enjoyed it. I really can't wait to see it. You know, just in case I hadn't already made that perfectly clear.

—There's only one month remaining until the premiere of season four of Game of Thrones! I am currently without HBO, but The Man has promised to add it back to our cable line-up so that we may watch the new season live. We're also planning to re-watch the rest of the series between now and April 6th. A difficult task, to be sure, but I'm positive we're up for the challenge.

—Making progress. As in me, making progress on the publishing Effigy thing. I keep waiting for me to screw up something, and it keeps not happening. Maybe next week. But until then, final edits are done (or as done as they're going to be at this point), the manuscript is off with the formatting-type person, and the cover artist is...well, probably plotting my death, but mockups have been sent and feedback given and new mockups are on their way. This thing just may happen after all. Though I still don't quite believe or trust it yet. There's an excellent chance I never will.

But enough about me. Let's move on to the big celebration...

Kyra Lennon has a new NA contemporary romance on the way (release date is March 31st), and I'm pleased to be taking part in the cover reveal.

Drum roll, please...


Here's what it's all about:

At the age of twenty-one, Bree Collinson has more than she ever dreamed of. A handsome husband, a fancy house, and more shoes than Carrie Bradshaw and Imelda Marcos combined. But having everything handed to her isn’t the way Bree wants to live the rest of her life. When an idea to better herself pops into her head, she doesn’t expect her husband to question her, and keep her tied by her apron strings to the kitchen.

Isolated and unsure who to turn to, Bree finds herself falling back into a dangerous friendship, and developing feelings for the only person who really listens to her. Torn between her loyalty to her husband and her attraction to a man who has the perfect family she always wanted, she has some tough choices to make. 

While Bree tries to figure out what she wants, a tragedy rocks the Westberg Warriors, triggering some dark memories, and pushing her to take a look at what’s really important.

Sidelined is the third book in Kyra Lennon’s Game On series. Game On (Book 1) and Blindsided (Book 2) are available on Amazon and Smashwords.

About the Author:

Kyra is a self-confessed book-a-holic, and has been since she first learned to read. When she's not reading, you'll usually find her hanging out in coffee shops with her trusty laptop and/or her friends, or girling it up at the nearest shopping mall. And occasionally hanging out with rock stars, because that’s how she rolls!

Kyra grew up on the South Coast of England and refuses to move away from the seaside which provides massive inspiration for her novels. Her debut novel, Game On (New Adult Contemporary Romance), was released in July 2012, and she scored her first Amazon Top 20 listing with her New Adult novella, If I Let You Go in November.

You can find Kyra in the following places:

Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter

Congratulations, Kyra! We here at My Pet Blog salute you!

And on that note, I'm outta here. Thanks for stopping by today, and have a fantastic weekend.

36 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Game of Thrones to be back! Love the s4 trailer.

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually watched the season four trailer. I know. I'm a bad, bad fan.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on making progress!

    And I really do need to watch Game of Thrones one of these days - I've heard so many good things about it! Maybe when The Walking Dead season is over….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch The Walking Dead too. Maybe I watch too much television...

      Nah.

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited about the new season of Game of Thrones! Although I still haven't quite got over the penultimate episode of season three yet ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone has. I know I sure haven't. But, then again, I wasn't over it before it even aired.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Kyra!
    I expect we'll get a full movie review, won't we?
    Tonight it's the new 300 - blood, boobs, and carnage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could give you a full movie review now: I LOVED IT AND I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH IT 500 MORE TIMES!!

      I love the looks of the new 300 movie. I probably won't be seeing it until it hits Netflix, but I enjoy the commercials for it.

      Delete
  5. Yay for Kyra, and woot that you're doing so well with your story! Oooh, Game of Thrones. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. It's going to be such a great season.

      Delete
  6. Hooray for progress! I've been thinking about getting into Game of Thrones, and every season is on demand right now, so...goodbye free time, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I can't wait until Game of Thrones comes back. It's been far too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they thought audiences needed that long to recover from the Red Wedding...

      Delete
  8. I have to admit I know nothing about Veronica Mars and I've never watched (or read) Game of Thrones.... I guess there's still time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you've made such great progress for Effigy. Congrats!

    And I'm super-excited for the Veronica Mars movie, so you won't see me complaining if you end up posting about it too much! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      And it's so nice to hear that I'm not alone in being super-excited for Veronica Mars.

      Delete
  10. You made me laugh with the illustrator comment. I'm sure if I hire an illustrator I'll have the same thing to say. Good luck with your book and happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your celebrations! It's so exciting to know that a new season of a beloved series is nearing! Big congrats on getting the edit done, formatting and looking at mock-ups. How wonderful!!

    Big congrats to Kyra on her new book! That's a very romantic cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I'm a kid on Christmas morning when new seasons are set to start.

      And I love Kyra's cover. It's very romantic.

      Delete
  12. I too am looking forward to Veronica Mars. I found out on Instagram that my niece is looking forward to it as well. I guess my SIL introduced her to the show (niece is 12). So, talk away all you want...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that your niece is looking forward to Veronica Mars! I can't wait to introduce my own niece to this show. And Buffy.

      Delete
  13. I'm woefully behind on Games of Thrones--maybe I can get caught up this summer. That's what I'm going to tell myself, anyway.

    Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. EFFIGY IS COMING!! I know her! I know her!! (My parody salute to you.) But srsly, that's great news about the final countdown to Effigy!

    Kyra, your cover is a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like there's a lot making you happy :)

    And I can't wait for GOT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the progress with the novel. I know everything will go smoothly, as you deserve it and you have worked really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoo Hoo Effigy!!!! Congrats! If you need a blog to stop by to promote it when it comes out, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. I will certainly do that.

      Delete
  18. Exciting times for Effigy. It's when you see the cover for the first time that you realise this thing is really real! Have a lot of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel more real now, but I think I might be too nervous for fun. I assume that'll change.

      Delete