Friday, September 13, 2013

Small Things and a Book Cover

As another week draws to a close, it's time for VikLit's Celebrate The Small Things. (click on the pic to the left for a complete list of participants)

Here's what I'm celebrating this week:

—The Patriots are (miraculously) 2-0. Neither win was very pretty, but we'll take them. And pray that our wide receivers figure out how to catch a ball before the next game. (I miss Wes. And Danny. And Brandon.)

—The Red Sox are in first place in the AL East by 8.5 games. Considering how our season ended last year, this makes me so happy.

—I'm taking my niece, the Angel Child, to the Renaissance Faire this weekend. She's never been, and it's been a couple of years since my last visit. I imagine a good time will be had by all. Especially when we hit the archery range.

—And last, but certainly not least, we're celebrating the Cover Reveal for The 13th Floor Collection by Christine Rains.



Six supernatural tenants
Living in a haunted apartment building
On a floor that doesn't exist.
Six novellas telling their tales.

A retired demon acquires a price on his head.
A werewolf is hunted by her pack.
A modern day dragonslayer misses his target.
A harpy challenges Zeus for the soul of the man she loves.
A vampire is obsessed with a young woman he can't find. 
A banshee falls in love with someone who's death she has seen in a vision.
And a sweet ghost must battle a primal monster to save them all. 

The complete 13th Floor series with its seriously awesome cover will be released on October 13, 2013. Congratulations, Christine!

What are you celebrating this week? Have a great weekend, all.

32 comments:

  1. Christine's cover rocks!
    And I watched that game last night. Brady just doesn't have anyone to throw to now. Those receivers have one job - catch the damn ball - and after last night they should all be fired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it much nicer than I did. If there had been a swear jar in my house last night, it would've been crammed full following that game.

      Delete
  2. I love that cover, it's awesome. Have a great time at the Renaissance Faire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, a Ren Faire, those are SO much fun! I hope you both have a great time. (It must be so nice to be able to commandeer your niece whenever you need someone to take to things like this 8-D)

    Great cover! I really need to read the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made it through all the novellas yet, but I've really enjoyed what I have read.

      Delete
  4. Very nice cover, Christine.

    The Faire sounds like fun. I've only been to one and it was years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The faire will be fun. Perfect weather and perfect company.

      Delete
  5. Have fun at the fair. I've celebrating my breakthrough, which happened while I was in bed last night, and how to make a stained glass window look right. I think I've got this now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just happy the Red Sox didn't sweep the Rays! :)

    Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I thought of that and you when I saw the final score last night. =)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for helping with my cover reveal! Have fun at the Ren Faire. I'll be taking my son to his first one the first weekend of October. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime, Christine. You're always welcome to take over My Pet Blog any time you want.

      Delete
  8. I find watching college football more fun. I'm still a New York Giants fan (even though they play in NJ) but I'll watch any NFL team play.
    Hell, I'll just watch football. :)

    Have a great weekend.
    HMG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't tend to watch college football, but I do watch whatever NFL games are playing in my region. But I don't root for the Giants. Or the Jets. Or the Colts. Or the Ravens. Or the Steelers. Or the...

      Delete
  9. Wasn't there an episode of 'House' that began at a Renaissance Fair? Hope you have a great (DDX-free) time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was an episode of House that began at the Ren Faire. Here's hoping my niece and I will avoid a trip to the hospital afterward.

      Delete
  10. Ah, yes, Our Buffalo Bills came sooo close to beating the Patriots and blew it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes. I did a lot of screaming during that game as well.

      Delete
  11. Aww hope the Renaissance Fair is fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy the Ren Faire!

    My main celebration is that I'm writing again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A couple nights ago the Red Sox actually had the best record of any division! And this in September! And I was celebrating that first inning tonight, too. Now I'm back in the bunker, chewing on my baseball glove. : p

    As for the Patriots, wow, what a strange game. I might tune into the Broncos game on Sunday just to see Welker again. That doesn't make me a traitor, does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update: I was grand slammed out of the bunker!

      Delete
  14. That's a great cover!

    Enjoy the Renaissance Fair! I've never been to one either, but I'd like to go the next time there's one in town.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure you and your niece will have a blast! Enjoy the weekend. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Ren Fair in this area is inland just when things get really hot. Still, I like to go. (Yet, I haven't been in years.) They have archery? Gonna have to tell my niece. She's pretty good with a bow and arrow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you and your niece had fun at the Renaissance Faire!

    Also, congrats to Christine! That cover is so eye-catching...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you and your niece had fun!

    ReplyDelete