Friday, September 20, 2013

Celebrating Up A Storm

Celebrate The Small Things is a weekly hop hosted by VikLit where participants, well, celebrate the small things from the past week. Or big things. Anything goes, really. Please click on the link above or the badge to the left for a complete list of participants.

Here's what I'm celebrating this week:

—The Red Sox clinched a playoff spot last night with a 3-1 win over the Baltimore Orioles (my father-in-law's team). And there was much rejoicing.

—I SOLVED MY CHAPTER NINETEEN PROBLEM!!! If you've read this blog any time during the last month or so, you'll know for how long this problem has plagued me. And if you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, it's possible you already know about this momentous occasion, but I'm just so damn happy (read: relieved) about this that I'm still doing a happy dance. Like, a literal happy dance. If I were less gleeful, I'd be embarrassed because if there's one thing I can't do (and let's face it, there's many, many things I can't do) it's dance. Anyway, all rambling aside, I feel like a real weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It'll probably be back in a couple of days, but, for now, I feel great. Invincible even.

—On a semi-related note, I am celebrating The Man (my significant other). Because not only does he continue to live with a completely insane wannabe author who walks around talking to herself in weird accents, plays with medieval weaponry, and doesn't sleep at night, he also didn't even bat an eye when he came home this week to find that I had transformed our dining room walls into a massive storyboard in an attempt to help me solve my chapter nineteen crisis. Thanks, honey!

—And last, but certainly not least, we here at My Pet Blog are thrilled to be celebrating the release of CassaStorm, the third installment in the Amazon best selling series, created by the Ninja Captain himself, Alex J. Cavanaugh.

A storm gathers across the galaxy…

Commanding the Cassan base on Tgren, Byron thought he’d put the days of battle behind him. As a galaxy-wide war encroaches upon the desert planet, Byron’s ideal life is threatened and he’s caught between the Tgrens and the Cassans.

After enemy ships attack the desert planet, Byron discovers another battle within his own family. The declaration of war between all ten races triggers nightmares in his son, threatening to destroy the boy’s mind.

Meanwhile the ancient alien ship is transmitting a code that might signal the end of all life in the galaxy. And the mysterious probe that almost destroyed Tgren twenty years ago could return. As his world begins to crumble, Byron suspects a connection. The storm is about to break, and Byron is caught in the middle…

Where to find CassaStorm:






About the author:

Alex J. Cavanaugh has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and works in web design and graphics. He is experienced in technical editing and worked with an adult literacy program for several years. A fan of all things science fiction, his interests range from books and movies to music and games. Online he is the Ninja Captain and founder of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group. The author of the Amazon bestsellers, CassaStar and CassaFire, he lives in the Carolinas with his wife.

You can find Alex on Twitter, Goodreads, and his blog.

Congratulations, Alex!! We wish all the best with your new release!

What are you celebrating this week? Have a great weekend, all!

44 comments:

  1. I SOLVED MY CHAPTER NINETEEN PROBLEM!!!

    And there was much rejoicing! :-) I know how hard that one was on you, so mega-congrats on pulling through!

    And speaking of rejoicing, there'll be plenty more if the Red Sox win tonight and clinch the division!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve.

      And yes, I'll definitely be doing some more happy dancing should the Sox win again tonight.

      Delete
  2. Yeh on solving the Ch 19 problem! :)

    Yeh on having amazing partners who put up with our craziness!

    Yeh for Alex!

    I'm not giving you a 'Yeh" for the Red Sox, though, but I am happy for you as a loyal fan. If that makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does make sense. When the Orioles made the playoffs last season, I was happy for my father-in-law, but not the team so much.

      Delete
  3. Yeah! Glad you solved the chapter problem.
    Our spouses need daily celebrating, don't they?
    And thanks for celebrating the release of my book. It's been an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do. Especially when I'm having plot problems.

      Delete
  4. Yay for the inspiration and solution. I hope you've whipped that darn Ch 19 into shape and have taught it not to mess with you!! My hubby's been relatively nice about the fact I'm refusing to cook for two weeks due to needing to get a short story prequel to my novel done and keep sending him out for take-away. Sometimes hubbies come through. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cooking thing's never really a problem in this house because I don't really cook anyway.

      And I don't know if I've necessarily taught chapter 19 not to mess with me. But just in case, I'm being very polite as I work my way through it.

      Delete
  5. Yay for the Red Sox (we're big fans in my house) and double yay for an awesome understanding hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on solving your chapter 19. Great idea to combine this post with Alex's book release.

    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes
    Visiting from the celebrate blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for chapter 19!! I knew you'd show it who is boss lol

    And woohoo for Alex :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for solving your chapter 19 problem! I bet you're so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really am. But the relief is pretty intense, too.

      Delete
  9. But do you feel like you could take on the Empire all by yourself? Because there's invincible and, then, there's that feeling. And, well, we all know what happened to the last guy that felt -that- way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I think that's a Star Wars reference, but I don't know to which character you're referring.

      Delete
    2. The guy that gets stepped on by the AT-AT in Luke's snow speeder.

      Delete
  10. HURRAH TO SOLVING YOUR CHAPTER PROBLEM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for fixing your chapter problem! It's the best feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Serious relief. And euphoria. At least until the next chapter problem pops up.

      Delete
  12. Woot! You fixed your 19 problem! And yay for Alex! My big deal today was finally taking my bag of stuff to the Good Will. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I knew I forgot to do something this week! D'oh!

      Delete
  13. Feels so good to finally make that breakthrough! And we red heads must stick together! Happy dancing with you - and no, I can't dance either! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good. If enough of us do it, it'll look normal.

      Delete
  14. All I can say is congrats on solving chapter nineteen! That's great! It's a wonderful feeling. And my hubby thinks I never sleep. I go to bed and get up an hour later to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that all the time. I have a light-up pen on my nightstand so I don't wake everyone else up when I have to write something down in the middle of the night.

      Delete
  15. Awww I am glad you managed to fix your chapter 19 problem and hope you wip continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you figured out chapter 19!!! Very exciting news. Enjoy your weekend, and celebrate your playoff spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, too. And I have been celebrating my team's playoff spot. Worst to first!

      Delete
  17. That IS worth celebrating! I love major breakthrus like that. Writing stories is just so darn hard sometimes!!
    And big congrats to Alex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be so hard. I guess it makes those breakthroughs so much more rewarding.

      Delete
  18. Chapter 19 is solved! And it only took a dining room's worth of storyboards to fix :). You must have picked a real winner to put up with all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did. Of course, we don't really use the dining room for anything anyway, so that probably helped.

      Delete
  19. Congrats on solving chapter 19. I know how frustrating being stuck on a chapter can be. (Or I would know, if I remembered knowing what it feels like to write.)

    I am celebrating seeing the backside of this week. Finally, the end is in sight for that gig I took at the beginning of the school year. It was supposed to last maybe 5 days. I just finished day 12. Looks like day 13 will be my last, though. HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for solving ch. 19 problem! I'm struggling with a chapter, too. *sigh* I hope I can fix it soon, because it's driving me crazy. Oh, and I'm a new follower of you on twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to you on getting through that pesky 19th Chapter.

    Congrats to Alex on his book release. Continued success with CassaStorm!

    And congrats to the Red Sox -- AL East Champs! Can't wait for the playoffs to start. World Series here we come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoo, congrats! That's awesome how chapter 19 isn't plaguing you any more. Methinks this calls for some confetti... ~\o/~

    ReplyDelete