Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Ghost And Mrs. Rains

Today on My Pet Blog, we're turning the floor over to author Christine Rains as she celebrates the release of her latest novella, The Ghost, the final book in the 13th Floor series.

Take it away, Christine...


IF JOSS WHEDON MADE THE 13TH FLOOR SERIES INTO A TV SHOW


I'd make certain it wasn't on FOX.

This is my ultimate dream. A movie would be nice, but to see the 13th Floor series as a TV show would be the best. Joss would make my dialogue wittier, my characters deeper, and my plots twistier. I spend way too much time fantasizing about this already. I'd leave the casting to Joss. I know he'd do an excellent job. I don't mind if he brings in some of his favorites either. Here are a few possibilities:



Marc from 1301 – (Adam Baldwin) As much as we imagine Jayne going down in a blaze of glory before he becomes an old man, Adam is fifty now. The perfect age to play Marc. He can glare, grunt, and growl with the best of them. And he looks damn good in a beard.


Mae – Gina Torres. Give her that Jasmine sort of peacefulness and Zoe's fierce heart.



Stefanie from 1302 – (Rose Leslie) I could imagine a young Eliza Dushku playing my werewolf. Sexy and dangerous. Since we can't have Eliza, the only redhead in her early 20s I could think of that had enough grrr to her was Rose Leslie who plays Ygritte on Game of Thrones.



James – Here we have a version of Xander. Again, I don't know many young actors these days. I trust Joss to cast Stefanie's mate appropriately.



Xan from 1303 – (Chris Hemsworth) He looks fabulous in a suit and shirtless. Nothing more needs to be said.

Lois – Charisma Carpenter. Chatty, relentless, and leggy.



Meira from 1304 – (Morena Baccarin) Beautiful and exotic. Meira has wings to fly instead of a traveling in a spaceship, but they have the same air of elegance and courage.



Sam – J. August Richards doesn't quite work for Sam, but Joss will find us a hunky hero.



Harriet from 1305 – (Amanda Seyfried) If Amy Acker were younger, yes, she'd totally be Harriet. I tried to cast someone sweet looking, but again, Joss will know what to do.



Kiral from 1306 – (Jim Sturgess) I wanted a gorgeous young guy, but not one with too many muscles. He has to be lean and able to pull off the messy hair look.



Chiharo the ghost – (Brenda Song) Sweet, innocent, and young with Willow's brilliance. If Willow was dead. Well, I guess evil Willow was undead. I should clarify Chiharo would be like good Willow.



Jeremy – Toby Hemingway. A young Spike with a dirtier mouth.



Bonus casting:

—Nathan Fillion as Zeus. Hilarious! I think he could pull off a beard.

—Tom Lenk as Vetis. Let loose with the crazy!

—Alan Tudyk as Governor Whittaker (the dragon!). I'd like to see Alan as Vetis, but he's a bit too old. Yet he'd make one heck of a villain!

—Felicia Day and Summer Glau with cameos as goddesses.

§§§

Interested in purchasing The Ghost? Here's where to find it:

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Smashwords

Kobo

About the Author:

Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. She has four degrees which help nothing with motherhood, but make her a great Jeopardy player. When she's not writing or reading, she's having adventures with her son or watching cheesy movies on Syfy Channel. She's a member of Untethered Realms and S.C.I.F.I. The 13th Floor series is her first self-published series. She has eight novellas and twenty-one short stories published.

Where to Find Her:

Website

Blog

Facebook

Twitter

Goodreads

§§§

Thank you to Christine for her post today. For the record, I'd watch any show that included that cast. Congratulations on The Ghost!!

And thank you all for stopping by today.


35 comments:

  1. Just not on FOX - hilarious!
    Excellent choices, especially those from the cast of Firefly. You just made MJ very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's not easy to do. Well, unless Joss Whedon's involved...

      Delete
  2. superb choices!!!
    im determined to finish this series this summer, stealing every moment to read it! its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed what I've read so far. Looking forward to reading the rest!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for hosting me today, MJ! This was so much fun. Plus, maybe Joss will catch wind of it and really like the idea. Hehehe!

    Alex, thanks! If it really happened, I'd be very happy too!

    Tara, thank you! Enjoy. Can't wait to hear what you thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure Joss does follow my blog. Probably just to figure out minimum safe distance from me, but still...

      Delete
    2. Just as long as he sees this! ;)

      Delete
  4. Please! Not on FOX!

    Not bad choices. Especially HEMSWORTH! I'm dyin'!

    HMG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that picture of Hemsworth is rather...distracting, isn't? I'll be in my bunk...

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Heather! I picked him for Xan just for you.

      My favorite Jayne line EVER.

      Delete
  5. Darn I miss Firefly. But maybe Joss could steal some of its actors and make them and your book a massive hit, like X-Files or Lost :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I bet Joss Whedon would make it a fantastic show. I love some of your cast suggestions (and didn't recognise some others!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't recognize Brenda Song or Toby Hemmingway, but I'm intrigued by a younger Spike with a dirtier mouth.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Annalisa! Some of the ones I don't recognize either. I just Googled actors because I'm so out of the Hollywood loop.

      Delete
  7. Love all these character/cast suggestions. I miss Firefly, too!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoken like a true Browncoat.

      Delete
    2. If I don't get my show made, I'll be just as happy if they bring Firefly back! Thanks, Nutschell!

      Delete
  8. Great cast suggestions! That would be so cool if the series were turned into movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry. And yes, it would! I'd like to do a random background cameo. Like someone running screaming from demons!

      Delete
  9. A Joss Whedon post just in time for Science Channel's Joss Whedon weekend. (Well, in a couple weeks.)

    I'd watch that show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you, Liz. And I had no idea that we're getting a Joss weekend. Must put it on my calendar!

      Delete
  10. Dang, I got drool all over my keyboard....nice choices. Especially CH : ) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And as Xan the dragonslayer, CH will be shirtless a lot.

      Delete
  11. It would be fab to have Joss produce your series, Christine. I <3 Jayne. I have that on a coffee mug. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I think Adam would be so good as Marc.

      Delete
  12. I love some of her actor choices. This was a clever idea for a series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous casting choices for Christine. I'm seeing her book everywhere today. Many many congrats on the sixth and final book in her series. What an accomplishment, Nice of you to promote Christine today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joss Whedon adapting your series would be amazing. (Also, I totally agree about it not being on FOX. That station kills everything awesome!) I don't watch much TV anymore, but I'd definitely make sure to spend time each week watching this, especially with that cast! And OMG, Nathan Fillion as Zeus...CAN'T UNTHINK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *LOL* Yeah, I know. Nathan Fillion as the BIG God. Sexy and quirky. Mmmm.

      Delete
  15. I think your choice of Network should be AMC or HBO.

    ReplyDelete