Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Snapshots

Today My Pet Blog is pleased to play host to indie YA author Patricia Lynne as she celebrates the birthday of her book, Snapshots, and its main character Cyc.

Take it away, Patricia...

My nephew, Arik, was born with a cleft lip and palate. It seems every time I talk to my mom, she has a new diagnosis of something wrong with him. And yet, I have never seen a baby smile so much. I like to say it’s because he knows he’s loved. I have a picture of my sister holding him and the look on her face is pure love.

Whenever I think of Snapshots and Cyc, I also think of my nephew. Cyc has that same tenacity. He has gifts that set him apart from the people around him, he’s been bullied and mocked, and his childhood was full of pain and fear. Yet he finds reasons to smile. He doesn’t give up. He adapts - his gift causes painful visions and he finds away around it and still see. 

He keeps fighting. 

Snapshots is dedicated to Arik. It will be years before he can read it, but I wanted to give him something that will show him hope. Cyc’s life isn’t easy and he has to fight to be his own person. Arik has his own challenges he will have to face, but he can overcome them. Keep fighting.

Keep smiling.

§§§


Snapshots is available at:

Amazon


Amazon UK


Barnes & Noble


Smashwords


Kobo


iTunes


Sony eBooks



About the Author:


Patricia Lynne never set out to become a writer. In fact, she never considered it an option during high school and college. She was more of an art and band geek. Some stories are meant to be told and now she can't stop writing. Patricia lives with her husband in Michigan, hopes one day to have what will resemble a small petting zoo and has a fondness for dying her hair the colors of the rainbow.

Find her on:


Twitter


Facebook


Goodreads


Happy book birthday, Patricia and Cyc! Thanks for stopping by today!

25 comments:

  1. May Snapshots give him hope when he is old enough to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Patricia!

    MJ, I hope you'll consider joining us again for the Coffeehouse. Here's the link: http://armchairsquid.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-cephalopod-coffeehouse-july-blog.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story behind the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Now I'm wondering if I ever told my sister any of this... I don't think so because I forgot to tell her I published the book!

      Delete
  4. Patricia's nephew can't read yet, but I bet he's already got a favorite aunt.

    I like hearing how a real-life person influenced one of your characters.

    Oh, and hi there, M.J. It's my first time visiting your blog. You've got a nice party going here!

    ~Tui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pssh, of course I get the favorite aunt award. =D

      Delete
  5. Yay for your nephew being so loved! Your book sounds fascinating. I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderfully inspiring post. And your book sounds really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just added Snapshots to my wishlist! Love the connection to your nephew and how it's dedicated to him. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't wait until he's old enough to read it... not that I want him to grow up fast. He's so darn cute right now. lol

      Delete
  8. Aww, that's so awesome! I'm sure Arik will enjoy the book immensely when he's old enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting and heartwarming comparison that is enough to make me want to read 'Snapshots'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've always been a big fan of personal meanings behind books/movies/music, so it's only natural I have my own personal reasons for my writing.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for bringing the party to your blog, MJ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would *kill* for your metabolism. Dang. Lucky.
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather you didn't kill for anything, but thanks.

      Delete