Monday, June 24, 2013

Elevensies

Last week, the wonderful Tara Tyler was good enough to bestow upon me the Liebster Award.

Recipients of this honor are asked to answer eleven questions written by the presenter. So here are Tara's questions and my responses:

1. What's your nickname? (make one up if you don't have one)

Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville. True story. (note: not a true story)

2. What genre do you read the most?

Lately I've been on quite the YA kick. I can't help it. There are some truly awesome people writing some truly awesome stories. But if I'm not reading YA, I'm probably reading historical (medieval) fiction.

3. What celebrity would you love to meet?

Joss Whedon. But you probably already knew that.

4. What is your favorite age?

The middle ages.

5. Facebook or Twitter?

Twitter, I think.

6. What awesome thing will you do when your book is published?

I can't answer this question because doing so feels too much like tempting fate. I'll let you know when/if I actually do publish my book. But it'll probably involve medieval weaponry.

7. What book would you like to see turned into a movie?

This is a tough question because I love books and I love movies, but I think The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King would be a pretty cool movie because it's a pretty cool story and there would be pirates involved.

8. Where were you born?

A hospital. Though there is sometimes speculation that it was a barn instead.

9. Name a place you'd like to visit some day.

Great Britain

10. Are you a summer, winter, fall, or spring?

If you mean which is my favorite, I'm a fall kind of girl. If you mean wardrobe/cosmetics colors, I have no idea.

11. Any regrets?

Well, I probably should'nt have had all those Oreos for breakfast, but other than that, I think I'm good...

§§§

Next up comes the part where I am to nominate other recipients and offer them eleven questions of my own to answer. I never do the official nominating part, but I did come up with eleven questions, so if you're so inclined, please consider yourselves tagged. Or, answer whatever questions you want in the comments. Or just ignore the whole thing altogether. We're very laid back here at My Pet Blog. Just don't ask my blood pressure...

1. To be or not to be?

2. Where's the beef?

3. Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

4. Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

5. How about it, punk? Do you feel lucky?

6. Do you want fries with that?

7. What's your damage, Heather?

8. Who was that masked man?

9. What is your name?

10. What is your quest?

11. What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

§§§

Aaaaaaaaand that's gonna do it for me today. Thank you to Tara Tyler for the shout-out. Be sure to visit her blog as she's one of the hosts of the Thrill Of It All bloghop going on today (Heather M. Gardner is the other host).

And, as always, thanks for stopping by. Have a great Monday, all.

48 comments:

  1. Cool answers, McAwesomeville.

    Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

    Those are seagulls, and I'm a fishmonger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I knew there was something fishy about you.

      Delete
    2. Well, that makes sense. Thanks for playing!

      Delete
  2. Weaponry? I really want to be there for your celebration party then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I should organize a jousting tournament! It'll be awesome!

      Delete
  3. I'm so with you on the medieval weaponry as a means of celebration.

    And I totally agree YA writers are writing some of the best novels being published today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I'll have to tell my significant other that it's not just me. (On the weaponry issue, I mean. He doesn't care what books I read...)

      Delete
  4. I now want Oreos - too late for breakfast but they'd make a good lunch.

    And I hear you about celebrating publication. No jinxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oreos for lunch...that's a great idea.

      Delete
  5. Your questions... are awesome!

    Let's see...

    Definitely to be. Hamlet - love the play but the man is such a whiner!

    With luck, cooking on the grill.

    Egg. There were eggs long before there were chickens.

    I'm pretty sure those are called mosquitoes and I'm told they have a blood-type preference. Lucky me!

    No one's ever called me a punk before. I feel so dangerous!

    I prefer chips (crisps in Britain).

    No one's ever called me Heather before. I feel so superficial!

    No one of consequence.

    Squid.

    Enlightenment.

    I don't know! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You definitely get the Good Sport Award. Thanks for playing!!

      Delete
  6. The Middle ages? You funny girl! tee-hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, M.J.:

    Love your oreo answer.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. To be - of course!
    11. Dammit! I used to know the answer to this one.

    Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used #11 as a bonus question on a test once and one student wrote out the entire bridge keeper scene from the movie. It was hilarious. The rest of the kids just panicked.

      Delete
  9. Cosmetics can be divided into seasons? LOL I am so un-girly - I'd never heard that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason I knew that is because it was mentioned on an episode of Gilmore Girls.

      Delete
  10. Great blog title. And I loved your Neil Patrick Harris answer to number 1, though it did remind me of a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon where they had their tree house club G.R.O.S.S. (Get Rid Of Slimy girlS). http://calvinandhobbes.wikia.com/wiki/G.R.O.S.S.

    Dictator for Life, Calvin and President and First Tiger, Hobbes.

    Ahh, good times. And congratulations on your new title. My nickname is the Grand Poobah of the Crazy People. Or the reigning county 'Possum Queen. Whichever you prefer. (Though I really only answer to Peter.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grand Poobah of the Crazy People, huh? So does that mean you have some influence over my boss?

      Delete
  11. I think that nickname fits. :)

    Fantastic answers! I'd love to visit Great Britain too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie...

      And I would love to spend a good solid month in Great Britain. And I still wouldn't get to see everything I want.

      Delete
  12. McAwesomeville, I love question no.4!
    Why do birds suddenly appear...? One of my favourite Carpenter songs...
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And because of this post, that song's been stuck in my head all day long.

      Delete
  13. I thought the question was: "What is your favorite color?"

    I hope you gave the kid who wrote the scene out bonus points.

    I had my colors done a long time ago (7th grade). Those things don't change, do they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first knight is asked what his favorite color is. Then the next is thrown the air speed velocity curveball.

      And yeah, I definitely gave that kid bonus points.

      Delete
  14. Joss Whedon! The Middle Ages! And weaponry!!!!! Awesome responses :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. An African swallow or a European swallow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that!

      AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

      Delete
  16. Fun answers! I'm with you on the Joss Whedon one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love YA. It's one of my favorite genres, too. And wow, great pick when it comes to which celebrity you'd like to meet--Joss Whedon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As usual, I'm super behind, so expect random comments on random posts (I'm not Random Danni for nothing). In any case, I will likely steal your questions, as I'm too lazy to think of an original post :P

    Also, you want to meet Joss Whedon? REALLY??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have you tried the watermelon flavored oreos? I hear they are quite delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats on the award. gosh I'd love to meet JOss Whedon too!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Laughing at the Oreo comment! Really fun interview. Totally enjoyed reading this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're such a dork - you know that right :)

    *LOVED* your #6 and *when* you get to GB, let me know. I know people :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your answers! You answered a few of them the same way I did. My answers to Tara's questions will be up tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love the answers everyone is giving for where were u born. creative!

    my fave of yours is the nickname! hilarious!

    thx for playing! and your questions are like mastercard, priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I dig your questions, Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville. I'm tempted to answer #2, but every time I hear a "Where is something" question, I revert back to my teenaged self and respond, "In your butt." Which hasn't been very popular with my coworkers, but alas...One lives, one learns...
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are the BEST answers and questions I have experienced in a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for reminding me, I have to post my answers too!

    Loved your nickname! You should use it as a signature! :)

    Humor is your forte! Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You get a golden pineapple for your excellent How I Met Your Mother reference. Or maybe just a goat. (I'll get to that.)

    ReplyDelete