Monday, June 10, 2013

Dog Is My Co-Pilot, Part Two



Today is the Gator Girl's birthday.

The Gator Girl, for those who may not know, is my (now) eight year old Belgian Malinois.

And if you're unfamiliar with the breed, the Malinois is a part of the Belgian shepherd family. They're commonly seen in law enforcement/military fields because of their high intelligence and never-ending energy. The Gator Girl's name originates from the fact that many Malinois enthusiasts refer to the breed as "maligators" for their proficiency at protection work and/or taking down bad guys.

If you watch the show Person of Interest, Bear is a Malinois. While Bear is trained in Dutch, the Gator Girl is trained in French with a smattering of Russian.

And though the Gator Girl hails from very strong working lines, she is more noted for getting into things she's not supposed to and then hiding the evidence of her misdeeds.

You read that right. She hides the evidence. She breaks into cupboards, steals cookies and closes the cookie box so you won't know she's been in there. She broke into my glove compartment once to inhale the contents of a treat bag and then placed the tattered treat-less remains back inside and closed the box so I didn't know she'd been in there at all.

My wonderful, wacky, wild dog.

Cue slideshow...

Who knew that behind such a sweet, innocent face lurked
the mind of a criminal genius?


The Dynamic Duo, back when Big could tolerate being
next to her...


No stick is too large for Gator Girl!


The Gator Girl in the midst of a 9 foot broad jump


Able to leap 4,000 ft. mountains in a single bound!


And master of disguise!

Pleeeeeeeease, let me have the ball, mom!



Thanks for indulging me, folks. Have a great Monday!

29 comments:

  1. Thanks for the big dose of Vitamin Awww...

    And Happy Birthday, Gator Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Gator Girl is absolutely adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaaaaw!

    ...Your dog does appear to be flying in one of those shots O_O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiding the evidence - smart dog. But how could you be mad at a face like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how she hides the evidence! She really is smart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those mallowmar dogs. My last dog was a german shepherd. Smart, loyal, and...okay, he smelled pretty bad, but I loved him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww she's adorable! I love the picture with the stick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful dog. :) I love all kinds of shepherds. Smart, loyal, wonderful dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh,man, that puppy pic is sooo cute. I want one! Not the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute Pictures! Happy birthday Gator Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My brat had her bday yesterday! And she was spoiled.

    That is so funny that she hides the evidence of her misdeeds. Happy birthday, Gator Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dogs are beautiful! I am having an awww moment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, Gator Girl! She's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww, look at her face though. How could you ever think she'd get into trouble and then hide any evidence. She's clearly innocent and it was the other dog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now you just need to figure out a way to record her hiding the evidence. She'll be an internet sensation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She looks like a big cutie pie. I'm sure all those things you're saying about her are lies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome looking dog. I've got three... I vacillate between wanting them dead and wanting to hug them all the time... rarely do I feel anything in between. The youngest is only 7 months and I fear may end up spending time in doggy juvie before he grows up. What a hellion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also - isn't it funny how a post on your blog, about your dog, and somehow my comment ends up being all about ME... funny how I do that.

      Delete
  18. I love a smart dog. Cheers to you, GG!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never could do dogs. Allergies. Come to find out, it's just the dust mites attracted to their dander that kills me. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful dog...im partial to anything german sheppard- is.

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is beautiful, stunning really and so happy and healthy. So used to hearing the opposite about pets these days. I love my dogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy belated birthday to the GG :)

    My Da was in security for thirty years and I grew up with German "Alstations" my whole life.

    Greatest dogs ever :)

    I also wanted to say thanks very much for stopping by and commenting on my recent D-Day post. (I'm still working through all the comments!)

    CSM Ryan's story has received an incredible amount of support and a HUGE *Thank you* goes to DL Hammons - and all the Blitzers :)

    PS: Bill said to let everyone know he really appreciated all the personal comments directed his way :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gator Girl is Beautiful! And smart too--for hiding the evidence :)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww, what a cutie! I love that pic of her as a puppy with those huge ears.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gator girl seems like an awesome dog! You might be interested in checking out my custom dog tags for dogs- they're a fun way to reflect your dog's personality, which Gator Girl clearly has a lot of :)

    ReplyDelete