Hey, did y'all know I had a blog? It's been so long since I've paid attention to it, I'm a little surprised to find that it's still here and that it hasn't been overtaken by...I don't know—Tribbles or Devil's Snare or dust bunnies or something.
I didn't really intend to ignore it, but that's how it goes sometimes. I had only intended to take that one weekend away, but life became a little more...interesting than usual and a longer absence became necessary. But things have since calmed down so when I next ignore this blog, it'll be because of good old fashioned laziness.
I can't wait.
Patrica Lynne's Are You Writing Now? group.
Participants set a list of goals to complete each month and at the end of the month, we revisit these goals and see where we ended up with them. April was my first month back after an extended absence (Apparently, this is becoming an alarming trend with me. Maybe I should set a goal to end that.) and here I am, late with my May posting. I shall do better in June. Probably.
Here are the goals I set in April:
1. Find a copyeditor/proofreader type person for Effigy. I have finished with my edits, and I am ready to move forward. I think.
Miraculously, I actually pulled this off. It feels weird to have made actual progress on something. Let the ritual worrying begin! (Unless Heather M. Gardner is reading this. Then I'm not worrying. Not at all.)
2. Dig out Effigy's blurb and stop ignoring it. It still needs to be shortened. And, you know, finished. Which, I realize, will make that whole 'shortening' part more difficult, but hey, who doesn't love a challenge?
Um...I can only give myself partial credit on this one. I did dig out the blurb. And I even looked at it before I made a face and shoved it into a pocket in my notebook. So yeah. The blurb remains a work-in-progress.
3. Solve the major plot problem that is holding up all progress on Effigy's sequel, Second Nature.
Well, I'm not quite sure how to score this. When I wrote this goal back at the beginning of April, I had one particular scene in mind that I thought was causing all the hold-up and I thought if I solved the problem of that scene, that everything else would just fall into place. So I solved the problem of that one particular scene and it...well, nothing else fell into place. Nothing else even came close. Something's still not right and I haven't worked out what yet. I guess that means I can't count this one as a win.
And now here are my goals for May. Or, you know, what's left of it...
1. Solve the major plot problem that is holding up all progress on Effigy's sequel, Second Nature. Or die trying. Well, maybe not die per say. Still, stop watching Scandal and get that plot hammered out.
2. Seriously stop ignoring Effigy's blurb. You need something more than "It probably won't be the worst thing you've ever read!"
Déjà vu, anyone?
Oh, and one thing more before I possibly disappear into the ether again. I just wanted to thank everyone who stopped by my IWSG post at the beginning of this month and offered such kind words and advice. I know I utterly failed at responding to anything, but your help was much appreciated.
And....I'm a liar because I just thought of one more thing to share. Rumor has it that Tara Tyler from Tara Tyler Talks will be revealing the cover of her soon-to-be-released novel, Pop Travel today. Be sure to head to her site and check it out.
Happy Monday, everyone. I hope you have a great week.