Tuesday, April 30, 2013

ZiZiRho Designs and Ze End!

Well, today marks the end of another trip through the alphabet (and my head) via the A to Z Challenge. This is the day I normally resort to posting a video of Dr. Evil telling Seth Green to zip it, but thanks to the wonderfully talented writer/blogger/knitter Liz, I don't have to.

You may know Liz from her blog, Laws of Gravity, where she posts about writing, substitute teaching (some truly hysterical stories there) and her knitting projects. She's a fantastic knitter.

I admire people who can knit. My mother tried (in vain) to teach me, but all I ever managed to do was inspire my mother to ask me to stop using the needles as swords/daggers.

I may have failed at it, but I still find knitting is a very impressive skill. Here are some of Liz's creations:

How gorgeous is that handbag?

A cozy for your smart phone


Or one for your tablet

Barefoot sandals

And some very cool earrings

And that is far from all. You'll have to visit her etsy shop (ZiziRho Designs) to see everything. And you really should. You can also find Liz on Twitter at @ZiziRho

So thank you, Liz, for providing me with a colorful new post for Z-day, and thank you to everyone who has taken the time to visit with me during this wild and crazy month. It's truly much appreciated.

25 comments:

  1. Love the pattern/color of that tablet holder.

    And congrats on your A-Z! Never knew what you'd post next, and it was all good fun. Learned a few new mountains and games and even met your dog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.

      And thank you...I never knew what I'd post next either. =)

      Delete
  2. I love the earrings!
    Congrats for making it to the end of the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a lot of very cool earrings. Made me wish I wore earrings.

      Delete
  3. Love those earrings. Lol! At first I thought they were teabag holders - something totally down my alley. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have a matching teabag and tea cup cozy set.

      Delete
  4. It took me a really long time to pick up knitting. My mother tried to start me on slippers and scarfs and I could've cared less about such things. It wasn't until I started knitting dolls and zombies that I got into it. Liz's work is lovely, putting patterns into things is tricky and she does a great job at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You knitted zombies? That sounds awesome.

      Delete
  5. I can't even darn socks!
    You made it to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can crochet a little bit but that's about it. I wish I could do more things like knit. Love the colors of first handbag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had an entire blog post once of purses she'd done. The colors were all so gorgeous.

      Delete
  7. Wow. I'm so untalented. :)

    Well, for the girl who didn't have a clue what she wanted to write about you managed to keep us entertained for the entire month.

    Well done.

    Oh, and I giveth to youeth the Zombie Rabbit Award. More details on today's Z post.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not untalented. You just have different talents. Like me.

      And a Zombie Rabbit Award, huh? I am intrigued.

      Delete
  8. I can sew....barely enough to put a button on, but I can do it! Knitting, though, that's another story.

    Great stuff there :)

    Congrats on reaching the end to A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful pieces. I love knitting and have been doing it for years. Crocheting... not so much. lol
    Congrats on reaching the end of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm always so amazed at knitters and crocheters:) barefoot sandals-what an idea!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool stuff! Congrats on making it through the Challenge. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh! Fancy shmancy! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are all so fantastic! I'm always amazed by people who can knit, too. While I can be crafty with things like cross-stitching, I could never fathom how to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liz definitely makes some cool stuff. I wish I knew how to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everybody's saying such nice things. Wow. Glad I could help you out with Z.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi M.J. and hi Liz,

    Wow, I'm liking all that knitting. Really I do. I have much admiration for anybody who can knit. That's some talent! :)

    I'm super glad the alphabet challenge is over! Still, well done on participating and commenting on my satirical alternative.

    I went to a "Comedy Knitting" workshop. Had me in stitches....

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  17. And here I was thinking I was the only one who used knitting needles as swords and daggers. The long ones are the best.

    ReplyDelete