Monday, April 15, 2013

Mount Washington Valley



Welcome back to the A to Z Challenge!

I'd like to thank everyone who stopped by my blog last week even though I was not very good about returning the favor. I should be much, much better about it this week, though, because I am home again.

Home is New Hampshire's Mount Washington Valley. I really love it here. It's a very pretty place to live, and today I'm just going to share with you some pictures of it that I've taken.

I should probably start with this one...

Mount Washington, as seen from afar

Mount Washington, as seen from my house


White Horse Ledge


The MWV, as seen from Cathedral Ledge

The Moat Mountains


Champney Falls

The Gator Girl on the Champney Brook Trail


The Gator Girl and me on our way to the summit of Mount Chocorua (obviously I didn't take this picture. My friend did.)

Big and the Gator Girl playing on the Saco River
I could've sworn I had some pictures involving snow as it does snow here quite frequently (even last week), but I can't seem to find them. I'm guessing The Man (who enjoys snow about as much as he does my mentioning him in this blog...) destroyed them all in protest. Oh well, better to end on a trio of happy summertime photos, right?

Happy Monday, all.

33 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these photos are amazing! I want to visit Mount Washington now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come in the summer! Unless you're a skier.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pics. I miss fall foliage on the east coast. Where I live, the colors are drab in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love the foliage. Autumn is my favorite time around here. It's just so damn pretty.

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely! I might want to visit, but I couldn't live there, not with all the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My significant other agrees with you. =)

      Delete
  4. Nice view. I'd love to live in the 'great outdoors'! :)

    Left and Write

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! My parents went to school in Antrim, NH, and that is really the only place in NH I have been...and it has been a looooong time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's beautiful. Sign me up for a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very picturesque area. I guess that's what one gets with all that rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scenery/ an amazing scene from your home

    Hope you had a good trip

    Lady's Knight

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love these photos. beautiful! makes me want to go there!

    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really beautiful pictures!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow it is pretty!! Never been to NH, but hope to check it out someday! And dont feel bad, I didn't visit blogs all weekend and felt so guilty about it. SOmetimes life just gets in the way....

    ReplyDelete
  12. New Hampshire does have the prettiest places. But snow really does suck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous stuff, M! Give me hiking and mountains over beaches any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I'm really terrible at beach vacations. Not that that seems to stop me from taking them.

      Delete
  14. NH is beautiful country. I've been there a few times on business, mostly in Concord and Manchester. It would be ideal if the winters weren't so COLD! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't argue with that. The winters are quite cold.

      Delete
  15. Oooh, pretty.

    If you really hate snow, I know a place where it almost never snows...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really hate snow. My significant other does, and he's desperate to move to one of those "almost never snows" types of places. I'm the hold out.

      Delete
  16. That is georgous. I'd take warm weather over the tranquility of Mount Washington though. At least in the fall and spring when I'd notice it more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a view you have! I'm always clicking on the Mt. Washington webcam, and there you have it right out your window.

    I've been up Cathedral Ledge in winter (my brother used to live right under it), but never heard of Mount Chocorua. Will have to check it out 'cause I love those kinds of open ledges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been up Cathedral Ledge in the winter, but Mount Chocorua is great. It's located off the Kanc (accessed via the Champney Brook Trail).

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Would it help if I told you how many layers of clothing I had to wear the other morning to go scrape the ice off my windsheld? In mid April.

      Delete
    2. Probably not. I haven't experienced snow in so long that I wouldn't object to that a few times.

      Delete
  19. Ha! I didn't know we lived so close! -ish. :)

    Beautiful pics. I've never been to your beautiful state but I've been known to slum over in VT.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. You live in a beautiful, beautiful place and I love the ones of your awesome doggies.

    ReplyDelete