Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Harry Potter

I'm a little late getting this post out in the world this morning, but I had a hard time connecting to the internet this morning, and am having an even harder time staying connected. I miss my home internet.
Anyway, it's perhaps not the most original H topic, but as there's a distinct possibility that I'll be taking my newly sunburned self to Harry Potter World this week, these books and movies are on my mind.

So I thought I'd share with you ten of my favorite moments from the books/movies. Please note this is not an all-encompassing list because it would be damn near impossible to create such a list.Except to say "All of them"

1. Professor McGonagall (really, I think I could stop there) takes on Professor Umbridge in Harry's career advice session (Order of the Phoenix), making it her life's goal to help Harry become an auror when Umbridge says it'll never happen.

2. Severus Snape says "Turn to page 394." (Prisoner of Azkaban) Is it possible to love Alan Rickman anymore than I already do? Because I don't think so.

3. Professor Moody turns Draco Malfoy into a ferret (Goblet of Fire)

4. Neville Freaking Longbottom. 'Nuff said.

5. Quidditch. It is my secret desire to become a professional Quidditch player. I think I would make an awesome beater.

6. Hermione punches Malfoy (Prisoner of Azkaban)

7. Ron punches Malfoy (Deathly Hallows) and follows it with "that's the second time we've saved your life, you git!"

8. The Weasley twins make Umbridge's life miserable (Order of the Phoenix)

9. Luna Lovegood.

10. What is the function of a rubber duck? (Chamber of Secrets)

One last thing to share before I disappear again...a little clip called "How Harry Potter Should Have Ended"




Are you a Harry Potter fan? If so, what are some of your favorite moments?

36 comments:

  1. Huge fan of HP and Alan Rickman was perfection as Snape. I loved when the Weasley twins pulled out all their tricks in The Order of the Phoenix - that was awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least seven books.

    Or eight movies.

    Awesome. Too freakin' funny.

    I'm reading the HP series to my son at night.

    HMG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My godson has been tearing through the series. Makes me uber happy!

      Delete
  3. Oh, so so many! One of my favorite lines of all time is Hermione's line about dying or worse - being expelled! :)

    Have a great time in HP World! I love it there. Drink some Butter Beer and go find your own magic wand! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost included that line of Herimone's in my list. It's a classic.

      Butter beer and a wand are definitely on the list.

      Delete
  4. What a cute video. Seems like there were some magical solutions they could have used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Harry Potter. There are not words to describe how much I love Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I love Harry Potter. I think I'd make a great Quidditch player too, and I hate sports! I love number 1, that's one of my favourite moments in book 5 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm ignoring the fact that I'd have to balance on a broomstick...

      Delete
  7. I can't wait to start reading these to my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just like seeing Malfoy get punched!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Neville! Enough said, like you say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved him from the beginning. He's a great character.

      Delete
  10. Wahahahahahahaha!!! I love it!! So stinkin' funny! And I can tell you that since I'm writing a time travel story right now--there are constantly these instances. Have you seen the LOTR one? Cracks me up too!

    But I still love the stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've seen the LOTR one. I've watched so many of them, I must've seen it.

      Delete
  11. HAHAHA!! That was hilarious. Seriously, why didn't someone do that?! I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and Snape lover. Alan Rickman's voice, ooh, I could listen to it forever. I want him to bop my head!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are awesome moments. I loved when the twins left school. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to put Harry on my to-do list...the book, reading the books (or at least watching the movies)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list. The only thing I'd probably add is going to Hagrid's Hut with Ron and Hermione. I also wrote about Harry Potter for the A-Z Challenge today:

    http://www.michaelabayomi.com/2013/04/harry-potter.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the Boston museum of science when they had the Harry Potter movie exhibit, and they had Hagrid's hut set up. You could walk through it and sit in Hagrid's chair and everything. It was awesome.

      Delete
  15. I have the same birthday as Harry Potter (and Neville Longbottom and JK Rowling), so I couldn't help but be a fan.

    Favorite: Fred and George.

    A friend of my mother's went to Harry Potter World. My mom asked her to bring her back Snape's wand. So now it sits proudly on her mantle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last HP book was released on my birthday. It was the best birthday gift ever.

      Delete
  16. Yes, you could have totally stopped at Prof. McGonagall, except maybe to add Maggie! Freaking! Smith! to it.

    All awesome stuff. One of my favorite parts was when Ron said at Hogwarts that they should probably evacuate the house elves and Hermoine attack kisses him. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie! Freaking! Smith! is amazing. They couldn't have cast that franchise any better.

      Delete
  17. Oh, how I love Harry Potter. Definitely some of my favorite moments.

    I think my favorite line, though, is when Fred says, "Give her hell from us, Peeves."

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've listed several of my favorites. While I didn't care much for the movies I'm a huge Allan Rickman fan and think he is amazing! Neville is one of my favorites. The Weasley twins vs Umbridge. I also liked when they saw Gildroy Lockheart in the hospital and he said "I didn't learn joined up writing for nothing!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loooooove Harry Potter? Are you a member of Pottermore.com? I was sorted into Ravenclaw. I totally identify with Luna. And one of my fave lines is, "It's Wingardium LeviOsa...not levioSA!' If you are on Pottermore, friend me, WitchWolf15375

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm still on the second book, but I've already seen plenty of great scenes and memorable moments.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a proud Hufflepuff and have the Harry Potter tattoos to prove it. My hands-down favorite moment ever is "Not my daughter you bitch!"

    KC @ The Occasional Adventures of a Hermit & Oh Frog It

    ReplyDelete
  22. Going through some of the A to Z challenge bloggers today and I'm so glad today is the day I found yours. That video at the end sealed it. My husband even came over to watch and was laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's officially official. You no longer come through on my feed. The one time I'm thankful for google+, though, because it's how I'm getting your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love HP! Especially Hermione, though I do wish Ginny would have gotten a bit more screen time.

    ReplyDelete