Monday, April 8, 2013

G...What Starts With G?

Good Morning, y'all! Welcome to the second week of the A to Z Challenge.

I happen to be on vacation this week so my ability to visit other blogs will be limited, but I swear I will do my best and I will be back on track the following week.

So today I thought I would be writing a post called "Going, Going, Gone" and telling you some hilarious tale of our travels because bizarre things always happen when I'm supposed to get on a plane. But, apart from getting felt up at airport security, nothing all that interesting happened.

So instead I am going to talk a little (just a little...I am on vacation after all) about Game of Thrones the HBO series based on the books by George R.R. Martin.

My favorite characters are probably everyone's favorite characters: Tyrion, Arya, Jon Snow (and Ygritte), Sam, and occasionally Dany, Jaime Lannister and Briene... (by the way...I haven't read A Dance With Dragons yet so don't spoil anything for me, okay?) But Diana Rigg killed it as Lady Olenna last night. And then there are the dire wolves and dragons. I need a dire wolf. And a dragon. I don't know how I've lived this long without them

I think season two's Blackwater is my favorite episode, but it's not like there's really a bad episode. I get so caught up in each one that I cry "Noooooo!" every time those end credits start to roll.

So I'm obviously a fan (of both the books and the show), but nothing makes me happier than a scene in which my favorite character Tyrion Lannister slaps his nephew Joffrey. Oh, if only the writers could work this in to every episode because I find it to be a delightful event.

I stumbled across this video the other day, and it made me laugh so I thought I'd share it with you:




Are you a Game of Thrones fan? Who are you favorite characters? Or are you just sick of hearing about it?

27 comments:

  1. I've only seen the first season but I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I love that video, it never gets old. I love Game of Thrones, and I'm so sad that I can't watch the new season yet! We don't have the channel it airs on. My favourite characters are Tyrion, Jon Snow and Daenerys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch this one. I know, I'm not sure why either. Might have to catch up w/ DVD's.

    Enjoy your time away!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the books but have resisted watching the show. I guess I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I adore the books AND show. Arya is my VERY favorite character... and while we are talking direwolves and dragons, there is Jojen Reed's vision of Bran riding a winged wolf... His visions of course, don't usually come true in a literal way, but it would be SO COOL, eh? I still like the Stark PoVs best, though Tyrion is fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read the first four books and recently started watching the show with my brother. Tyrion is much more likeable in the show than in the book, imo, as are the Hound and Jaime, all of whom I despised until the later books. nevertheless, I am enjoying the show immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't seen it or read it...yet! Hopefully I'll get to watch it over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I love the last three slaps in the video for good measure. Joffery has that face you just want to slap around every time you see him. I haven't gotten a chance to watch GOT since the season started back up, but my favorite character by far is Tyrion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the books, can't believe that Tyrion dies on page one of A Dance With Dragons though, a real shocker!

    Seriously, my wife does the same thing when the credit roll every week..."Noooo!" is generally what she screams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy, some people think they are soooo funny. At least you better be kidding...

      Delete
  10. I think the actor that plays Joffrey is very handsome. I don't like the character, but I could stare at the boy all day. He's just pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could probably look at Jon Snow or Robb Stark all day.

      Delete
  11. I can't wait to start watching this series!! We don't get cable, but Hubby and I plan to buy the set and hunker down one of these days. Haven't been this stoked to watch a series since Lost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have HBO when the series started, but I badgered my significant other incessantly about it so he gave in before the second season started. I should probably feel bad or embarrassed, but I kind of don't.

      Delete
  12. I need to get myself up to date and at least read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I watched the very first episode and almost fell asleep. I found it pretty boring...though, I'v never read the books, either.

    I did watch last night's episode (my wife has started watching and made me sit through it) and found it to be interesting. Near the end, I started asking..."Now who is that one, again?" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's understandable. The first episode isn't the most action packed hour ever.

      But there's a ton of action packed story lines to be found in season three.

      Delete
  14. I've never seen it. I hear everyone else talking about it, but I know nothing at all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of the series you mentioned. Hope you have a good vacation, travel safe. A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't get HBO. Did when the pilot aired, and for some reason I just couldn't get into it. I know, bad fantasy fan, bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not bad. There's a lot of fantasy that I'm not into. To each their own, after all.

      Delete
  17. I saw season 1, but I refuse to read the books. I probably wouldn't even watch the show, but my wife wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I tried to like it, but I have a phobia of executions and they seem to cut an awful lot of people's heads off in that show.

    ReplyDelete
  19. game of thrones!!!!
    i did read it and you are in for some serious socks off knocking!!
    i'm bursting wanting to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the series, the dragon lady, the imp and the wee stark girl are my faves. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I could just sit here and watch Joffrey get slapped aaaaaalllllllll day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sadly I know nothing of Game of Thrones. My roommate gave me the book, but I have not read it yet. I don't have HBO so I must languish in ignorance of the series. Yes, I don't have Netflix either LOL. What a Philistine I am. ;)

    ReplyDelete