Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Begonia Bribe

Welcome to Day Two of the A to Z Challenge! We're just two days away from me not knowing what I'm going to blog about next! Be sure to mark your calendars...

But today is not that day. No, today on My Pet Blog, I am pleased to be able to share with all of you the cover and blurb for Hart Johnson's newest novel, The Begonia Bribe.







The Begonia Bribe: 2nd in the Garden Society Cozy Mystery series by Alyse Carlson
(aka: Hart Johnson)

Roanoke, Virginia, is home to some of the country's most exquisite gardens, and it's Camellia Harris's job to promote them. But when a pint-sized beauty contest comes to town, someone decides to deliver a final judgment...

A beauty pageant for little girls—the Little Miss Begonia Pageant—has decided to hold their event in a Roanoke park. Camellia is called in to help deal with the botanical details, the cute contestants, and their catty mothers. She soon realizes that the drama onstage is nothing compared to the judges row. There's jealousy, betrayal, and a love triangle involving local newsman—and known lothario—Telly Stevens. And a mysterious saboteur is trying to stop the pageant from happening at all.

But the drama turns deadly when Stevens is found dead, poisoned by some sort of plant. With a full flowerbed of potential suspects, Cam needs to dig through the evidence to uproot a killer with a deadly green thumb.


Pre-order on:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

Find Hart/Alyse at:
Confessions of a Watery Tart
Facebook Author Page or Profile
Twitter

Be sure to check it out!

Thanks for stopping by today and Thank you, Hart, for providing me with today's post!

33 comments:

  1. I love a good mystery and this one sounds fantastic. I will have to check it out.

    And I'm having a hard time keeping up with my theme, so I feel you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the cover of this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really very pretty. I love all the colors.

      Delete
  3. And this one didn't update to my list either!
    Bah!
    Back to this again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have people? I want people!

      Delete
    2. Well, it might not be 'people' so much as 'multiple personalities' but I take what I can get.

      Delete
  4. This is awesome, I've seen Hart's book on lots of sites today. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Hart's new book. I do love the covers in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Begonia Bribe sounds amazing. All the best to Hart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We wish the best of lucks to Hart/Alyse. :D
    Thanks for the visit to the Dragon Cave! Have a wonderful day you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seeing Begonia Bride all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the well wishes, gang!!! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover. Looks like it's a fantastical world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have that too! It looks pretty good!

    See you tomorrow!
    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  12. so happy for hart! love those cozy mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Hart! She's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Phew...I feel better knowing someone else's plan runs out in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great read. Thank you for sharing and for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I, too am wondering what to write in a few days! Happy B Day!
    tm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to Hart! I've been seeing her everywhere today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to Hart! This is the second time I've seen her on a B post, so let's hope she gets lots of exposure.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like an interesting book.

    And if you're struggling by the 30th, I have a great idea for Z (and I'll even provide a bribe if you like)...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just stopped over by picking your blog randomly from the list. Nice to meet you! And I am impressed that you know some real, live authors. I like the idea of writing a book, but I don't know if I'll ever take the time to actually do it. Bloggers like you inspire me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I dig a cozy now and again. This looks like a fun read. The beauty pageant bit puts me in mind of the movie, "Happy, Texas, though that was a bit more comedic and a lot less murder-y. :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete