Friday, February 22, 2013

Versatility

Today's post is courtesy of Emily over at Emily Unraveled who was kind enough to bestow upon me the Versatile Blogger award.

Recipients are asked to share seven fun facts about themselves. Well, it doesn't stipulate that the facts need to be fun; that's just my spin on it. Fun, I find, is always more...well, fun. (That's right, people. Marvel at my command of the English language!)

But as I think I am rather out of facts to share about myself—fun or otherwise—I am, instead, going to share the last seven television quotes I scribbled down in my ever present notebook.

I watch a lot of television. I think everyone knows that by now, and I always write down the lines that make me laugh or move me in some way. Usually it's lines that make me laugh (because fun is more fun...). Here's my latest batch:

1.  Writers don't read. We write. ~Nick Miller on New Girl


2.  Imagine coming to the end of the book, and then just finding a lot more book. ~Jess Day on New Girl

3.  I can be flexible. I can. As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, I'm totally flexible. ~Lorelei Gilmore on Gilmore Girls 

4. You don't know what I look like when I'm not in love with you. ~Stefan Salvatore on The Vampire Diaries


5.  They tell you not to hit a man with a closed fist, but it is, on occasion, hilarious. ~Malcolm Reynolds on Firefly


6. Always, always call me. The minute anything happens that can't be answered by reading a Judy Blume novel, call me. ~Millie on Bunheads

7. Oh, please. Like you've never had a few cocktails and dyed a cat pink with cherry kool-aid. ~Mitchell on Modern Family 


This is the part where I'm supposed to pass on the award to five other people, but this is also the part that I always skip. So, if you're so inclined, please considered yourself tagged.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Hope you have something fun planned. As for myself, I'll be spending the time editing and then editing some more as I am woefully behind on the goal I set last Monday. But I'm also looking forward to the Saturday night/Sunday morning arrival of Winter Storm Q.


You know, the Weather Channel really needs to stop giving these storms cool geek names. I don't like a world where I actually look forward to snow.

Until next time, all...

33 comments:

  1. Everything can be answered by reading a Judy Blume novel. :-)

    Also, I gotta check out this New Girl, and I'm definitely considering myself tagged. I'm never tagged 'cause I don't got a blog, but now I am! Um, that's a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re: Judy Blume... that's always been my experience too.

      And I highly recommend New Girl. There's an episode where Nick writes a zombie novel, and it just kills me every time I watch it.

      Delete
  2. I think my favorite Modern Family quote is the from the first episode where Mitchell and Cam bring Lily home, and Cam is doing the whole Lion King thing with the costume and the music, and Mitchell says, "Turn it off." and Cam says, "I can't. It's who I am."

    I laugh just thinking about it. Of course, it's way funnier when they say it rather than when I type it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that quote from that episode. Yes, Modern Family has garnered a lot of notebook real estate. And yeah, delivery is often times everything. Sometimes I have quotes that make absolutely no sense on paper, but the delivery made them worth writing down.

      Delete
  3. Those are great quotes. I'm one of those writes that doesn't have time to write, I'm too busy reading. Most of the TV quotes I'd know are from old TNG episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd probably get more writing done if I watched less television, but that's just some crazy theory I have.

      Delete
  4. Man....I could come up with hundreds of Firefly quotes! :)

    I like yours though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty sure I could recite each and every episode by this point. That Firefly quote was courtesy of a Firefly marathon that aired last weekend. I tweeted about a billion of them, but that one I wrote down in the notebook.

      Delete
  5. Haha, I really like #1....classic :)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm considering making Nick Miller's approach to writing my own writing philosophy.

      Delete
  6. I should keep a notebook handy, because there are always things I want to write down. But, then, when I really want to know them, I just go to imdb quotes. Whatever I'm looking for is usually there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used IMDB at times, but I find what I'm usually looking for is not there. I guess what I find noteworthy is not always the same as whoever runs that site.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for providing a TV highlight reel (of sorts), so I don't have to watch any myself. It's a fantastic public service. Because of you, I'm free to procrastinate from my writing in other ways.

    Also... Bring it, Q. I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm here to help. Just don't tell my boss that.

      Delete
  8. those were awesome! glad you had your notebook handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The notebook is very seldom out of arm's length. Same with the remote...

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the laughs. I'm not a fan of storm names for winter weather either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it helps them differentiate between the storms but I just get so excited when they pick a cool geek name and then I want a storm to come a dump a foot of snow in my driveway... and that's just wrong.

      Delete
  10. I love Bunheads.

    Winter storm Q? Wow. That's a lot. I mean, that's a lot, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They already have Winter Storm Rocky in the northwest right now. I'm assuming it's named after the cartoon flying squirrel and not the movie boxer because, otherwise, it's very disappointing.

      Delete
  11. WOOT for Q !!! lol.
    LOVE him.
    Also Lorelai GIlmore... I wish I'd thought to write her... SO many good one-liners...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Q is adorable and I would take him home with me in a heartbeat. I'm sure my significant other wouldn't mind...

      And yeah, Lorelai is fantastic. I find Gilmore Girls to be a masterclass in dialogue writing.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on the award!

    I love the quotes. And there's a Winter Storm Q? Oh, I can't wait for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking out my window at Winter Storm Q right now. Here's hoping it doesn't disappoint...

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on the award! I love the quotes, especially the one about the kool aid and the one from Firefly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kool-aid one made me laugh a lot, which, of course, is why I wrote it down.

      And all the Firefly quotes are awesome. I never have a notebook that doesn't have Firefly quotes scribbled in it.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. It's turned into one of my favorite shows, which is funny because, when it first started, I didn't care for it very much.

      Delete
  15. Ha ha ha! Those were hilarious. I loved the kool-aid one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't get enough Firefly quotes. New Girl absolutely rocks, too. I love to quote Supernatural. Dean Winchester: "I didn't punch an angel, I punched a dick."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome! I loved that episode of Modern Family. I didn't know the Weather Channel was so cool!

    ReplyDelete