Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I'm A Psych-o And I'm Okay...

It's here! It's finally here!

The new season of Psych starts tonight!

If you're unfamiliar with the show, here's a brief blurb of what it's about: Shawn Spenser pretends to be a psychic and helps the local police department solve crimes. Always at his side is his best friend, Burton Guster. The friendship between these two is really the heart of the show, and if I had posted my Valentine Day's Couple Blog like I'd wanted, Shawn and Gus would've been at the top.

Anyway, I've been waiting so long for this new episode that's airing tonight. The last new episode aired April 11, 2012 and ended with one hell of a cliffhanger. I'm assuming Psych fans all know what I'm talking about, but in the event that you maybe haven't seen the Santabarbaratown epsiode, I don't want to spoil it for you, but...

COME ON!!! YOU CAN'T MAKE US WAIT THAT LONG TO FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT!

Except that's exactly what they did. Sigh.

In honor of the show's return, I thought I'd share some of my favorite episodes, quotes and moments from the show. There are many from which to choose, so obviously I won't share them all. If you're a fellow psych-o, and I didn't mention your favorite moment, please mention it in the comments below because I'm sure I love that moment too.

Favorite Episodes


1. Shawn Takes a Shot In The Dark- While investigating a crime involving an ice cream truck, Shawn is shot and taken hostage by the criminals. The car chase at the end is a riot.

2. Last Night Gus- Psych's version of The Hangover. The entire episode is hilarious, but the shoot out in the apartment scene at the end is even more so.

3. Dual Spies- Psych's homage to Twin Peaks. I've never watch Twin Peaks, and I found this to be an absolutely hysterical episode, so I can only imagine the hilarity that would've been mine had I actually watched Twin Peaks.

4. One, Maybe Two Ways Out- Shawn and Gus get involved with a spy (played by Franka Potente) and help her disappear off the grid.

5. Any episode featuring Cary Elwes as international art thief Pierre Desperaux.

Favorite Gus's Nicknames

Gus "Silly Pants" Jackson
Felicia Fancybottom
Gus T.T. Showbiz (the extra 't' stands for extra talent)
Ghee Buttersnaps 

And this one...

Shawn: This is my partner, John Schmit. His middle names are Jacob Jingle Heimer
Random Guy: You're saying his name is John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmit?
Shawn: Yes. It was my name too, but I changed it...because of all the people shouting when I went out.

Gus, Don't Be A... List

—Don't be such a gloomy you, Gus.
—Gus, don't be the ribs that flip over Fred Flintstone's Car.
—Gus, don't be the American adaptation of the British version of Gus.
—Gus, don't be the one game at Chuck E. Cheese that isn't broken.

And this one...

Shawn: Gus, don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan.
Gus: It's Azkaban.
Shawn: I've heard it both ways.


Oh, I am so looking forward to this new season. I hear there's a musical episode coming our way. And a Clue themed episode. It's going to be fan-freaking-tastic.


33 comments:

  1. I've never seen this show - I think it's on a channel I have to go searching for in the UK, and I'm really bad at searching for new things! You have made a compelling argument for it, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously, I really enjoy it. I think each season is better than the last.

      Delete
  2. Psych rocks!!!! Every episode is packed full of laughs and great lines. As for Gus's nicknames, MC Clap-Your-Hands sends my wife into giggles every single time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me giggle too. That is a good one.

      Delete
  3. I LOVED the Hangover episode. But, then, I love so many of the episodes. I think I'm going to break down at some point and buy the whole series.
    My kids were so upset at the end of last season. And we have to wait till it's out on DVD to see what happens, so that really sucks.
    [It was made worse by the fact that we had just finished season 5 of Buffy before we saw the end of the last season of Psych.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, BtVS season 5 and Psych season 6 finales would be a rough double header.

      Delete
  4. Hmm, I never got into Psych myself, though you do have impeccable taste in entertainment so I may just have to check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't judge it based on its early episodes. It really hits its stride later on.

      Delete
  5. You're going to hate me, but I can't stand this show. I tried it. Really, I did. I watched like two seasons of it, and since only one episode made me laugh in that entire time, I stopped watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am rather crazy, but I seldom hate people who don't share my taste in television shows...

      And all my favorite episodes come in later seasons. I think the beginning of the series is the weakest, and only gets better from there.

      Delete
  6. Watched one episode of this, and I always wanted to watch the whole series from the beginning. Still haven't found the time though.

    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always very time consuming to start a new tv series, and I know I devote way more time to it than I should.

      Delete
  7. I used to like this show when I had tv *sigh*. I actually own Twin Peaks - couldn't resist - it's hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching that episode of Psych actually made me want to watch Twin Peaks. I haven't done it yet, but maybe some day.

      Delete
  8. Psych rocks!!! It's awesome, and I love the humor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I love a show that can make me laugh every damn episode.

      Delete
  9. I LOVE PSYCH!

    I think my favorite is the Dual Spires ep, too. It's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when they do theme episodes like that. They always do them well.

      Delete
  10. I LOVE PSYCH TOO!!!

    We had a five series dvd marathon over Xmas. The whole family watches it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother and sister-in-law watch it, but I don't think anyone else in my family does.

      Delete
  11. We have Chihuahua named Gus, he was named Shawn, but we kept saying just like Gus does and he always thought we were scolding him... so now he's Gus. Also, some of my early queries on my novel described it as "Psych meets 2001."

    That query didn't work out to well for me.

    Anyway, best show ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That query would totally sell me.

      And now I think my next two dogs will be named Shawn and Gus.

      Delete
  12. I've never been a steady viewer of Psych but I enjoy it when I watch it. I'm going to catch up on netflix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the instant viewing option on Netflix. It makes it very easy to have Psych marathons.

      Delete
  13. I LOVE Psych but don't have cable so I have to wait and get each season on DVD. You're right, the cliff-hanger at the end of the last season was AMAZING. I definitely thought there was going to be a quick way out, and when it happened I actually gasped.

    I love Shawn and Gus so much, I want them to get married to each other and me. Hell, I'll even just be their housekeeper - as long as I get to be around them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only watched one episode of Psych. Maybe I should give it more of a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definite psych-o here! Your top two favorite episodes are mine too. I also love the April the 17th episode. Unfortunately, I don't have USA, so I have to wait an extra day to watch it. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant Tuesday the 17th. Hehe! I was thinking when it worked out that way last April. It's been a long day.

      Delete
  16. You know, I've seen a couple episodes and find the premise pretty amusing. And you TOTALLY need to watch Twin Peaks. I adored that show.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How DARE you. Just as I was starting to get good at ignoring TV to write instead, you put together a top 5 list of 7 episodes, 5 of which I've yet to see. (We've just started season 5.) that is SO unfair.

    Just kidding. I wasn't getting good at ignoring TV. Thanks for the incentive to ignore other shows and watch Psych instead.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ROTFL, thanks for the fun quotes. I watched Psyche faithfully when Monk was still airing new episodes, then I sorta fell off the Psyche wagon...Really enjoyed the Cary Elwes episode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doh! Of course I meant *Psych. Been reading too much Greek mythology...

      Delete
  19. I love Psych! Can't wait for the hilarious new season. :)

    ReplyDelete