So now that I've gotten two more songs stuck in your head (Next week, I'll go for three...), let's take a look at last week's goals and where I ended up with them:
1. Read a book. Maybe two. I haven't read one single book this entire month, and now is the time to change that.
I read two books last week. I'd tell you what they are, but their titles escape me at the moment. Well, they'll be in my February book review at the end of the week, so I guess I don't have to worry about it right now.
2. Indie ReCon starts on Tuesday. Check it out and take copious notes.
I did this too. A big shout out to the organizers of that event. You are wise and wonderful.
3. Take my niece to the mall and spoil her rotten.
Mission accomplished. If you ask her mother, she will tell you that I was perhaps a little too successful with this goal, but I had the best time doing it, and I have promised to not do it again for three months. Seemed fair.
4. Implement changes to part one of Effigy. This is approximately 203 pages, so there will be no time for dilly-dallying.
Some way, some how, I managed to get this goal done around 4pm on Sunday. Considering I didn't even start it until Thursday, I don't know how that happened. I did pull an all-nighter on Saturday, and I'm sure that helped. It's crazy what I can get done when every other mammal in my household is asleep. And Buffy the Vampire Slayer is playing in the background. This week was season two. Next week, season three.
So you know what this means? It means that I have a 100% completion rate from last week. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think this might be the first week this year I can such a claim. Nope, actually, it isn't (I just checked because I'm anal like that). It's the third week. Go me.
But however many weeks it is, I'm feeling good right now (hence the clever title). I'm feeling... Well, I wouldn't quite say 'confident' because saying that is kind of like being in Sunnydale or Mystic Falls, or road tripping with the Winchesters and saying "Wow, things sure have been quiet lately." So let's not say the C-word. Instead let's just stick with Good. Things are good, and I'm not going to worry about that.
Or at least I'm going to try real hard.
Here are this week's goals:
1. Implement changes to part two of Effigy. This is approximately 150 pages, which is still no small amount, so try not to put it off so long this time, okay?
2. Attend my goddaughter's dance recital, which, normally, wouldn't appear on a goal list, but this particular recital is held in a location which will require me to drive to a city with more than two roads running parallel to each other, and possibly parallel park my car, which is a concern because I haven't parallel parked a vehicle since the day I passed my driver's test and my current car is a lot larger than the tiny little sedan I drove that day. But it'll be fine. I'm sure. Kind of sure. Have I mentioned there's a reason why I live in a tiny little town?
3. Read a book. I'll need something to take my mind off that whole parallel parking problem...
And that's going to do it for me today. What have you got going on this week?
Oh, and the inspiration behind today's title: