Monday, December 3, 2012

And You Are...?

It's Blog Hop day on My Pet Blog.  Today's event is hosted by Emily R. King and Tammy Theriault.  For a complete list of participants, click on the David Spade picture.  Or, if that doesn't work, click HERE.

I came across this one just the other day and since the list of questions participants are asked to answer made me laugh, I thought I'd play along.  I'm a little worried about that whole 'naughty or nice' thing because I am definitely more naughty than nice and now I'm a little worried about what kind of Google searches will lead people to this blog.

Anyway, here are the questions and my answers...

1.  How many speeding tickets have you gotten?

None.  Surprisingly.  I have, however, received several warnings.  In addition to a lead foot, I seem to have developed a "who me?" expression that comes in handy.  I mean... I never speed. Because speeding is wrong.


2.  Can you pitch a tent?

No.  Which is going to make camping with my niece next summer so, so interesting.

3.  What was your worst vacation ever?


I probably have to say the family vacation to Mystic Seaport, CT because we never actually made it to our destination.  Our car broke down so our week was spent hanging out in my aunt's basement apartment while the mechanics who said they had never seen a car as dead as ours tried to bring it back to life. Not that it was a horrible experience.  We made Pictionary memories a-plenty.  To my siblings, I say this: laser eyes.

4.  What was the last thing you bought over $100?


I'm pretty sure that was my iPod.  Or maybe my battle-ready dagger but I'm pretty sure it was the iPod.

5.  We're handing you the keys to what?


Uh...my very own castle?

6.  What was the last meal you cooked that made even you sick?


You have to understand that I don't cook.  I mean, I barely boil water.  But there was one time when I did attempt to make a beef stew in my crock pot.  But when it was supposed to be 'done', I took one look at it and ordered a pizza.  Because it was just... wrong. 

7.  Fill in the blank:  "Oh my gosh!  Becky, look at her butt!  It is so BIG.  She looks like..."like when she sits on a rainbow, skittles pop out?

8.  What was your first car?

My first car was an 80's Pontiac Grand Am.  You didn't need a key to start it.  It turns out you didn't need a key to start it because it was stolen (side note: NOT by me) from some lady in Connecticut and I didn't find out for a few year.  I tried to sell the car and found out I didn't have a title for it.  Really, I'm smart in other ways.  I think.

9.  Your best friend falls and gets hurt.  Do you ask if he/she is okay or laugh first?


I did both. 

10.  What is the worst song ever?


Gangnam Style.  If that's even a song.  Whatever it is, it's the worst.



§§§

That's going to do it for me today.  Thanks to Emily and Tammy for hosting!!  Have a happy Monday, all.

40 comments:

  1. Fun questions and answers, and I applaud your last response.

    Be well, MJ.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Okay, so I'd say you're half and half naught and nice. I mean, you can't be blamed for someone else stealing your first car, and you thoughtfully asked your best friend if she was okay WHILE you laughed. Really, you're 50/50, I'd say. :)

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That rainbow comment tickled me :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These questions were really good at pulling out the embarrassing and the funny. Love skittles, but I'll never look at them the same way again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gangnam Style was my song choice too - seriously, who are these people making it the most viewed YouTube video??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun. Nice to meet you. My favorite here, your fat/skittles comment. I am a new subscriber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one wants to eat beef stew that is just wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your life sounds so interesting compared to my mundane, regular life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And see, I was looking at it like "Wow. I am a real dork."

      Delete
  9. Ha! That's funny that you bought a stolen car. Hey, when it's cheap and it runs... right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gangnan style is pretty bad. I've also been on vaca before when the car broke down. I forgot about that. It was awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely don't plan for that, do you?

      Delete
  11. hee hee skittles pop out. And a big LOL to the stolen car. that is classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Everyone had a good time with that one. There was a lot of "leave it to M.J. to buy a stolen car" going on.

      Delete
  12. Oh a castle! Thats a good one! Gangnan style is barfalicious! Bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, no camping and no beef stew? You would not survive as a character in an epic fantasy -- except for the battle ready dagger. That may save you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I shall be sure to keep it on me at all times. =)

      Delete
  14. Eee! That's a pretty bad vacation... especially, since I can't stand pictionary. Glad you survived ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd say that story wins for worst vacation ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally agree on Gangnam Style song

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gangnam Style. Yes. Very very much. The worst.
    I would do the same if my best friend fell down. (Then I'd probably slip from giggling and fall as well.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd have to say the Safety Dance is the worst song ever. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that your first car was stolen. So awesome. What did you do when you found out?

    Visiting from the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I guess I'm the only one who can pitch a tent. Every blog in this blogfest that I've read has said no to that question. I guess I need to search out some more participants. Not everyone will have said no, will they?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. I can't believe I forgot to put my vacation story where we hit a deer and wrecked our car. Ended up sitting in a tiny town in WV where the only thing there was literally one dirt road, one supermarket, and a bar. It took two weeks to fix our car. I think I'd blocked that from my memory until just now. haha

    Kind of hilarious that your first car was stolen. haha

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish I had that "who me?" expression because usually when I get pulled over I'm trying not to cry and that makes me look either surly or constipated. Either way they're not likely to let me off.

    ReplyDelete
  23. you're a brave camper! bring a generator =)
    a castle would be sweet!
    and i cant cook either, well i can but im underdemeciated (guess the movie!)

    glad you signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmmm, any neighboring castles in your neighborhood? I'll take some of those keys too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Skittles are popping out of her butt? Oh wait...the rainbow. Got it. *sigh* Can you tell I hang out with middle schoolers all day?

    ReplyDelete
  26. A caaaaaastle! That would be so very awesome. I'd buy Blarney Castle in Ireland if they'd let me :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. i'm still laughing over your skittle comment...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Did the car thief get busted? And Skittles...niiiiiice.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hate Gangnam Style as well. I don't see why everyone likes it...

    ReplyDelete