Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Zombies Are Coming! The Zombies Are Coming!

Last night I was plagued with zombie apocalypse nightmares. The Gator Girl and I (don't know where the boys of the family were) were hanging with some survivors on a fenced in athletic field somewhere that I think was Minnesota.  Things were great until the zombies showed up.  Then there was a terrific action sequence of me running like hell until I woke myself up and kept myself up until I thought there would be no chance of me slipping back into that dream.  (which didn't work) 

I hate zombie apocalypse nightmares but I usually only have them after I've watched an episode of The Walking Dead. And yet, I keep on watching the show because I think the show's worth a night of restless sleep.

But The Walking Dead doesn't return for its third season until tonight...


So the nightmares are starting already.  Swell.  I'm really starting to feel a need to go out and stock  up on weapons and water and non perishable food and possibly treadmills...



 But I suppose I will settle for the building of a zombie proof house...

Open Sesame!

Zombies on their way? No problem! Close Sesame!

 What about you?  Planning to tune into The Walking Dead tonight?  Have a zombie survival plan in place?  Have a zombie proof house?  And, if you, can I (and my dogs) come live with you?

Happy Sunday all.  I'm off to hide under my bed.

22 comments:

  1. I LOVE zombies and can't wait for tonight. I want that zombie house, but since I am hood rat, I know how to survive and could do pretty well on my own. You can certainly come be on my zombie team. I'll have your six. Love that zombie treadmill defense, though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, but just so you know, unless sarcasm is proved to be an effective weapon against zombies, I'm going to be pretty much useless. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that treadmill defense house! If on;y Herschel had that at the farm. Sigh.

    I cannot wait for tonight! AMC has been running a marathon of the other seasons and it's all I can do to not just sit my butt down and watch them all. Again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been switching between the game and the marathon. And yeah, it would've been very helpful if Herschel had had those treadmills.

      Delete
  4. Due to the hype, I tried watching the first episode of The Walking Dead, lasted 10 minutes. Zombies scare the holy hell out of me. Gore and violence, vampires and other similar characters I have no problem with, but zombies....just can't do it. So, NO, I'll not be part of the Walking Dead experience. *shudders, runs to hide in the kitchen..close to the nutella.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about zombies and vampires and gore and violence and all. I watch a lot of the series through spaces between my fingers.

      Delete
  5. ha. love the treadmill defense.

    ill definitely be watching. probably with half covered eyes. that show is intense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe to predict we'll be hearing about another zombie nightmare tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I have something else on the books but maybe I'll blog about them later in the week. I can give you a preview now... me running away.

      Delete
  7. those are hilarious! esp the treadmill defense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll work just so long as the electricity and/or batteries hold out.

      Delete
  8. Haven't seen it. Maybe I'll get to it at some point. I never have those dreams, but my wife does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an interesting, intense show. The first season was particularly good. Just scares the crap out of me though.

      Delete
  9. I try to watch Walking Dead, but it depresses me and gives me zombie dreams. Most zombie movies give me nightmares, but I watch them anyway...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually watch zombie movies. The Walking Dead is my first foray into constant zombie exposure. And I have nightmares afterward every single week. A smarter person would probably change the channel.

      Delete
  10. I haven't been able to get on the zombie bandwagon. I'm not sure why. And as for a zombie apocalypse plan, ever since reading an article on why a zombie apocalypse couldn't happen, I haven't worried.

    Wait, I think I can find the article...
    http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to print out that article and read it every night before I go to sleep. =)

      Delete
  11. I fell behind in the first season of the Walking Dead and never caught up so I guess I'll be one of a few not tuning in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people who won't be tuning in. I don't think you'll be in the minority.

      Delete
  12. I've still not caught up with Walking Dead Season 2. Gah!

    And yes, I do have a zombie plan; I wrote an article giving advice on it too :) http://blazingminds.co.uk/how-to-zombie-proof-your-home/

    Also, World Zombie Day was on Saturday :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know there was such a thing as World Zombie Day.

      The mall where I work is having some big zombie walk thing this year. I'm hoping I don't have to work that day. =)

      Delete