Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Soundbites: The Last One Edition

First of all, thanks once again to Andrew Leon who took excellent care of My Pet Blog while I was away yesterday.  Feel free to come back anytime, Andrew.

And now, the main event: last (probably) installment of my ever popular Saturday Soundbite series where I frighten you with how much television I watch in a single week (feel free to judge me in the comments. You won't be the first.).  Here are my favorite things from this past week:

"They were out of turtles. I bought a tiny cowboy hat for nothing!" ~Nick, New Girl


"They call me Giggle Bangs Rice Bowl." ~Jess, New Girl

 
"That girl's so whack, her first name should be nick-nack patty." ~Sinbrad (Brad), Happy Endings


"Lunesta— Nature's Ambien..." ~Adam, Happy Endings



"This one says 'I'm going comando'.  I don't really get it but I do support the military." ~ Sue, trying to choose a keychain, on The Middle



"Let me tell you why I'm so awesome... You see, even when I have no idea what I'm doing, I pretend I do.  That's why I'm good at everything."  ~Axl, The Middle



"The world needs more dreamers, Luke.  Never stop licking things." ~Phil, Modern Family


"A Gryffindor letting his mom carry his Quidditch broom?  How Hufflepuff is that?" ~Phil, Modern Family


"When you start ranting, I start shopping in the craft store of my mind."  ~Lisa (maybe? I don't know her name), Suburgatory (which I didn't even watch. I just had the TV on and overheard that part)


"If you want to get to him, you have to go through me."  (beat) "Wow.  They are probably gonna go through me."  ~Tommy, trying to protect Oliver from some thugs, on Arrow (which I love with all my heart and not just because I have a reason to post this picture:

Hello, Nurse!


And finally, these two things from Parks and Recreation:

Diane: Am I interrupting something important?
Ron:  Impossible. I work for the government.

And this, a moment so sweet and awesome, it got me all choked up inside:

20 comments:

  1. Love New Girl! Still have to see Arrow. No time Arrgh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, New Girl makes my Tuesday nights. And now Arrow makes my Wednesday nights.

      Delete
  2. The awesome because I pretend to know what I'm doing - I like that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of making that my new life's philosophy.

      Delete
  3. Arrow is my new guilty pleasure. I know I shouldn't, but I watch it and love every second ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, thanks for having me! But you might not want to say -any-time, because I might take that literally. :P

    I haven't even heard of most of these shows! But I do want to know what this Arrow thing is. With the green lettering, it kinda shouts Green Arrow. It's not, is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All right... almost anytime? You have an open invitation.

      And, and the risk of losing any coolness factor I might have, I have no idea about the Green Arrow.

      Delete
  5. Oh, man, it -is- Green Arrow! I have to see this now!
    Bah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, okay then. Now I'll have to look up this whole Green Arrow thing.

      Delete
    2. DC comic character. One of the few that's interesting. If you ever watched Smallville, her had a part in that show, too.

      Delete
    3. No, I never watched Smallville. I protested that show because its creation was a contributing factor in Angel's cancellation.

      Delete
    4. I think that's the other way around. Angel's cancellation contributed to its creation. WB just wasn't going to keep Angel going for any reason without Buffy running.

      Delete
  6. There is nothing wrong with watching too much TV, it is not like you are hurting anyone. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the first episode of Arrow the other day. Wow. More TV shows need male topless training montages (they seemed to go out of fashion in the 90s lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree on the male topless training montages. Wow, indeed.

      Delete
  8. Wow. I saw none of those shows. Of course, I don't watch sitcoms (long story), and I'm about a week behind on my regular shows.

    I'm stacking Arrows, though. I think I have four. Should make for an interesting marathon when I finally get the time to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love THE MIDDLE - I remember those lines and laughed when I first heard them, laughed again now. And MODERN FAMILY, too. :)

    And I am so ready for THE WALKING DEAD tonight... :)

    ReplyDelete