Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday Soundbites (the Dr. Horrible edition)

So it's time, once again, for me to reveal the best things I've heard over the past week.  The best news is that Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog aired on the CW network last Tuesday so I can include it in this particular post!

(pause for cheers)

But first, here's what I wrote down this week that didn't come from Joss's head...

"I'm a best selling author.  Why wouldn't I have two grand in my pocket?"  ~Richard Castle on Castle

"I wish I knew more about you so I could come up with a better insult."  ~Virginia on Raising Hope


"I want to care about something as much as you care about ruining Schmidt's life."  ~Winston on New Girl

and this conversation from Arrow between a guy (Oliver) who spent five years shipwrecked on a deserted tropical island and his friend (Tommy) who didn't: 

O:  Which one is she?
T:  The one who looks like the chick from Twilight.
O:  What's Twilight?
T:  You're so better off not knowing.

And finally it's time for... 





 
Here's what I managed to write down before I just dissolved into hysteric giggles of sheer happiness and overloud (but lovely) singing (think I'm joking?  Ask The Man.  He closed the bedroom door and put on headphones to help down out the sound).

 "The status is not quo."  ~Dr. Horrible


"The world's a mess and I just need to rule it."  ~Dr.  Horrible

"I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka." ~Dr. Horrible

"It's curtains for you, Dr. Horrible.  Lacy, gently wafting curtains." ~Captain Hammer

"What a crazy random happenstance."  ~Dr. Horrible

"The hammer is my penis."  ~Captain Hammer

"I'm moist.  At my most bad ass, I make people feel like they want to take a shower."  ~Moist

Oh, and then there was Nathan Fillion's  (Captain Hammer) live tweet about Dr. Horrible...

"Apparently you can flip the bird on the CW."
 
(which leads me to imagine CW network execs squinting at the screen saying "Crap.  When did he do that?")

And just one last thing before I jet off to another action packed shift at The Store...



11 comments:

  1. Ah, the silliness!
    It's also a 'Watch Now' on NetFlix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. And I have watched it now on Netflix. I may have a slight addiction.

      Delete
  2. Aw, they cut off the "balls!"

    After this came out, I bought it on iTunes and the first weekend back on campus that year I ended up with a bunch of people watching it at my house one evening. Then we all ended up buying the soundtrack and memorizing the whole damn thing. It was awesome. Its so much more fun to sing a lot of these songs if you get someone singing the other parts. So now Doctor Horrible has joined the Buffy Musical Episode in Things We Might Watch In Order To Sing Along.

    BALLS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun if you can get someone to sing the other parts. My friend and I used to listen to the soundtrack on road trips to the ren faire or whatever and we'd do that.

      And yeah, I always must sing along to Once More With Feeling too. Without question.

      Delete
  3. Arrow: worth the watch or not? It's sitting on my DVR (I'm about a week and a half behind on all my shows).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always hard to judge based on one episode, but yeah, I think it's worth the watch. I'm definitely planning on checking out the next episode.

      Delete
  4. Shoot, I meant to watch Arrow too and forgot all about it.

    Wish I could claim Twilight ignorance myself. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Horrible is so good! I'm glad they finally got it aired on TV. Let's hope there's a sequel coming around the corner :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a rumor that the powers that be are actively working on it. Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  6. Castle and Dr. Horrible in the same blog post - love it!!

    ReplyDelete