Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday Soundbites: The Day Job Edition

This past week at The Store is what the stock crew (oh wait. That's just me now.) refers to as "hell week" because our receiving numbers skyrocket, old product is moving back into the stockroom at an alarming rate and new product is trickling out.  You test the stockroom's Mary Poppins magic carpet bag ability as you attempt to fit it all in.  And you spend a lot more time at the day job than you do almost any other week of the year.

A lot more time.

What it means for this post is that you don't get all your shows watched, you don't get any books read, you don't do anything but wonder why the new employees insist on asking if you're having fun yet while resisting the urge to hit them with the new foldable shovels you just unpacked.

So here are my meager soundbites from this past week:

"This place is on lockdown.  It'd be easier getting into Tim Tebow's pants."  ~Virginia on Raising Hope

 "If we stopped having sex every time someone died in this town, we'd explode."  ~Tyler on The Vampire Diaries 

"For future reference, when I say I agree with you, it means I'm not listening."  ~Sherlock on Elementary 

and finally this conversation between Sheldon and Leonard during a "find Waldo" competition on The Big Bang Theory:

S:  How could you not find him?
L:  Because he's hard to find.  If he was easy to find, the books would be called There's Waldo.


 Have a great weekend, everyone!

20 comments:

  1. 'There's Waldo" - very true!
    Maybe if you bopped someone over the head they'd leave you alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. Maybe I'll give that a try next week.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear The Store is flooding the stock room, but look on the bright side, you now have more places to hide the bodies. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could just sneak them out with the trash. I mean... not that I need to do any such thing because I don't.

      Delete
  3. Why do resist that urge? I don't understand. Isn't that akin to resisting the urge to eat chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's not get crazy. I never resist the urge to eat chocolate.

      Delete
  4. I think I'm stealing that Sherlock line for future use.

    Try not to kill any newbies at work this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be using that Sherlock line too.

      And the thing about the newbies... my boss said the exact same thing to me. I told her I'd do my best but I couldn't make any promises.

      Delete
  5. I love Sheldon!! Just tell thew newbies your are a vampire. They will leave you alone. Trust me, I have done it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told them I have a very extensive medieval weapons collection. That just inspired them to ask more questions. I'll have to give the vampire route a try next time.

      Delete
  6. Turns out you're more up to date with TV watching than me. I'm two weeks behind on The Vampire Diaries *hangs head in shame*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, The Vampire Diaries is something I always make time for... *hangs head in shame*

      Delete
  7. Rough week at day job for everyone. I'm loving Elementary so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping we all have better weeks coming up. I'm undecided on Elementary so far but if it continues to give me good soundbites, I'll probably stick with it.

      Delete
  8. It is okay, you can hit the new employees with the shovel, I will understand. I hope you have a better week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could say I'm product testing the shovel so that if a customer asks if it's good for knocking people out, I don't have to say, "I don't know."

      Delete
  9. Love Big Bang, Sheldon is definitely a favorite. I have to catch up on this season, though.

    FNG's are rough. I have the perfect little billy club for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheldon is the reason I stick with the BBT.

      A billy club, you say? Sounds good...

      Delete


  10. I agree completely with everything you have said.

    ReplyDelete