Thursday, October 18, 2012

Reader Appreciation

So today I am the recipient of the Reader Appreciation Award, courtesy of the thoughtful Tara Tyler from Tara Tyler Talks.  If you're not already following her blog, you should.

Recipients of this award are asked to name seven things about themselves but the thing is, I'm kind of running out of things to tell you about myself.  My fault.  I should be more interesting.  So instead of seven random facts, I shall offer you seven tweets that I have favored since my Twitter experience began.

1.  Annalisa Crawford (@AnnalisaCrawf)- Wrote another great sentence today.  If I continue at this blinding rate, I'll have a completed book in 2074!  See you there :-)

2.  Nathan Fillion (@NathanFillion)- I love when people tell me they are huge fans of mine.  It loses something when they say their favorite was Serendipity.

3.  Self-Published Hulk (@INDIEAUTHORHULK)-  MY SECRET IS THAT I'M ALWAYS ANGRY. EXCEPT WHEN I HAVE MUFFINS FOR BREAKFAST.

4.  Self-Published Hulk (@INDIEAUTHORHULK)-  HULK NOT NEED VALIDATION FROM TRADITIONAL PUBLISHING GATEKEEPERS TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT HIMSELF. HULK HAS PROZAC & RED WINE.

5.  Sarah LaPolla (@sarahlapolla)- Ah! Our receptionist was just casually whistling "Early One Morning" & now I have the urge to turn someone into a vampire. #BuffyFansGetIt

6.  Tahereh Mafi (@TaherehMafi)- No one ever tells you that 86% of writing a book is staring at walls, spinning in your chair & talking to yourself in a British accent.

7. Jen Daiker (@jenunedited)-  You know you're a writer when progress is putting clothes on before noon.

aaaaaaand maybe one more just because it was super nice...

Christa Desir (@ChristaDesir)- Am reading @AuthorMJFifield's epic fantasy and am completely enthralled. I might be changing my mind about this genre.

(If you're reading this, Thanks again, Christa...)

So those are my seven things.  The second part of this award is the part where I bestow this award upon others but, as you probably know by now, I never do that part.  I nominate all of you because I really, really do appreciate each and every one of you who take time out of your day to come here and see what madness I'm spouting now.  So, if you're so inclined, please consider yourselves tagged.  And if you're not so inclined, forget I mentioned it.

But don't forget that I really do appreciate you.

Until next time...




17 comments:

  1. The Nathan Fillion one is awesome! My first laugh of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL number 6 and Awesome number 8 bonus. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha for numbers 2 and 7! Thanks for the morning laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I want Nathan Fillion on my twitter followers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are amazing tweets. I love Nathan's (yes, we're on a first name basis now. He doesn't know it, but I don't let that stop me). I also love the Buffy fans get it one. Whedonism is spreading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these two tweets

    Tahereh Mafi (@TaherehMafi)- No one ever tells you that 86% of writing a book is staring at walls, spinning in your chair & talking to yourself in a British accent.

    7. Jen Daiker (@jenunedited)- You know you're a writer when progress is putting clothes on before noon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh that Nathan Fillion one, LOL. I love him, he's too funny and what a creative way to celebrate your award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So do I get dressed too early, then? Is that my problem?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the #7 line - I am not progressing as much as I thought :-) Chuffed to be on top of Nathan Fillion ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so much fun! And I adore Nathan Fillion. He makes me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, that's a brilliant idea. We should have a favorite tweets blogfest. Because those tweets were great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nathan Fillion has proved his awesomeness yet again :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun spin on this! I so relate to the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really liked that! you should do it on a regular basis! hulk rocks!

    and so does MJ!
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hah! Fun tweets! Though I have to admit: I'm late to Buffydom and have been sloooooowly catching up, so I'm not getting that reference (yet). :-)
    Mina's Resurrection Blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tahereh's tweets always make me giggle. She's super-nice! I met her at a signing in Alexandria, and she was super-nice! I was like "wow, I want to be you when I grow up." Then I realized we're the same age. I still want to be her when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete