Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday Feature: Danni Foley

The spotlight today is on that jill-of-all-trades, Danni Foley from Random Thoughts By Danni.  If you're not already following her blog, you should give it a look because this girl's amazing.  And I'm not just saying that because she's a devout Whedonite who's interested in joining me in stalking Joss the Boss professionally (although that's very awesome).

She's also a writer.  Her first novel, Impact, was released this year.  It's a NaNoWriMo book even and she'll be writing the sequel to it next month.  If you're a NaNoWriMo author and are looking for buddies to add to your list, her NaNoWriMo name is randomdanni.  The more the merrier, as Danni says.

Danni's first book. Now available on Amazon!
In addition to writing and blogging and tweeting (@dannifoley) and worshiping Joss Whedon (I'm sorry but that's very important to me), she finds the time to have her own YouTube channel, CrazyOnPaper.  I am very ignorant when it comes to YouTube (I didn't even realize one could have a YouTube channel) but I have seen some of the videos she's posted and they've all made me laugh.  Especially the one about where elf babies come from.  I laughed so hard I may have fallen out of my chair.  But you can't prove it.  Unless my dogs took a video of it and posted it on their own You Tube channel without my knowledge.  Wait... my dogs wouldn't have a YouTube channel, would they?

Never mind.  I'm getting sidetracked.  Sorry, Danni.

Anyway, this morning Danni posted a new video announcing a giveaway for her book:



So please be sure to check it out and please be sure to enter and give this amazing girl some love. Click HERE to do so.

That's gonna do it for me today.  As always, thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Laughed at your Joss Whedon comment!
    Someone else who wrote her book during NaNo. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very cool. Especially cool that she published it and now is going to write the second one in the next NaNoWriMo. Don't know how she does it.

      Delete
  2. I'm beginning to think we bloggers have a serious addiction problem or we're all Type A's or something. Danni is quite the busy little beaver.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is. I don't know how she does it all. I know I couldn't. And haven't.

      Delete
  3. Oh, please don't tell me we need to have a YouTube channel. I don't think my introverted self could handle that. But I love that others are willing to do it. Great idea...for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't handle a YouTube channel either. But I support those who do.

      Delete
  4. You know, there is dogtv, so, um, you might check into your dogs internet usage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can get the Gator Girl to show me how to do that.

      Delete
  5. I love hearing about the NaNo success stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It's always cool to see a book and know that its first draft was written in thirty days.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your novel! I really like the cover. And I added you as a buddy on the NaNo site. I'm bookworm0753 there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found out about Youtube channels myself. They make my brain hurt.
    Joss Whedon....yes...I understand sentiments about him

    Thanks for posting about this! I love her book cover! I'm going to look into it further.

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful spotlight! glowing! must go check out you tube & her site now!

    ReplyDelete