Monday, October 1, 2012

Baby's Been A Bad, Bad Blogger

The title says it all. I have been a terrible, terrible blogger of late. Since April, to be exact. Apparently, the A to Z Challenge really took it out of me this year (because it couldn't possibly be that I'm extremely lazy) but that's all about to change.

Because it's October 1st and that means it's time for NaBloWriMo.  Thirty one days and thirty one blog posts.  This will be my third year participating in this event.  I managed the thirty one entries both years before but I'm a little concerned about this year because my 2012 blogging tracking record has been abysmal.

 But I'm certainly going to give it the old college try.  Well, maybe someone else's college try because I can't say I tried all that hard in college.  Unless my mother's reading this.  Then I tried very hard.

Last year, I had a set schedule for blog posts, a theme for each day.  I'm going to attempt to do that again this year because I think it helped but I haven't nailed down the daily themes.  Things are going to be a little weird this first week because I am jetsetting off somewhere tropical and warm and, with luck, hurricane free. ( This means my ability to visit other blogs will be limited but I will do my best.)

Here's my schedule (or, some of it anyway):

Tuesday— Teaser Tuesday in which I'll post a ten line/paragraph except from my soon-to-be released (probably maybe) novel, Effigy.

Wednesday— Writing Wednesday in which I'll post something writing related. Just don't ask what that something might be.

Friday— Feature Friday in which I'll feature a fellow writer/blogger who has a project they'd like to promote.  If you might be one of those people, let me know because I have three open spots. (And I will continue this feature in later months if there's interest...)

As for the rest of the week, I'll be winging it.

And speaking of winging it, I have a plane to catch.  See y'all later...
 

24 comments:

  1. I don't think you've been a bad blogger at all! You're still around, you have things to say - it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just not been a prolific blogger then. =)

      Delete
  2. Ooh have fun! And I have a new youtube channel and a book that could use some promotion... Just saying ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pick a Friday, any Friday... well, except for this coming Friday.

      Delete
  3. You can do it! I did it a couple years ago, but just not prepared this year.
    And you're not lazy.
    I wouldn't be presumptuous and suggest myself for a feature, but I know a couple excellent authors I could suggest instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice of you to say I'm not lazy. =)

      And be sure to send those authors my way.

      Delete
  4. Good luck! It's gonna be tough, but definitely worth it :)

    Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie. It's been tough to do in the past. I don't expect that's changed.

      Delete
  5. have a great flight and best of luck with NaBlo.

    ive been a bad blogger too. its gonna be a struggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammie. It's nice to see you again. Looking forward to visiting your blog.

      Delete
  6. yay! 31 days of M J!
    good luck =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much better than the "Yikes! 31 days of MJ!" that I was expecting... =)

      Delete
  7. I always have something to promote, so let me know. :P

    You posted just in time! I was considering harrassing emails to find out if you were still alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two Fridays left open this month. If you want one of them, it's yours.

      And define 'alive'...

      Delete
    2. Breathing?

      Sure, I'll take one :)

      Delete
  8. Glad to have you back. Your new schedule sounds great. I'll be in and out because I'm drafting this month. I couldn't wait for NaNo. The idea grabbed a hold of me and wouldn't let go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good feeling when ideas do that. I wouldn't have been able to wait for NaNo either. Best of luck with it!

      Delete
  9. Don't know if I could do that posting every day. Good luck. Maybe I'll try next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly can be time consuming. I always have to resort to posting videos and nothing but videos a few times.

      Delete
  10. Have an awesome and safe trip! I'm sure you'll have plenty to write about, you already have airport k9 stories to share I see (via your tweets). Cool. Have a good one. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elise. I imagine there will be lots of vacation photo blogs in my future...

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  12. How exciting! I hope everything comes smoothly together for you!

    Allons-y!

    ReplyDelete