That's right. I said well.
But don't take my word for it. See for yourselves... these are the goals I set for August:
1. Finish editing those 37 (or so pages).
2. Get entire manuscript into the hands of a copy editor.
3. Do not go crazy while waiting to hear back from said copy editor.
4. Stop putting off the whole cover artist thing.
And here's how I did with those goals:
2. Done. I even sent along some special pet bakery treats for the copy editor's dog. That's right. I am not above bribes.
3. Done. Maybe. I'd like to think that I'm holding it together well but those surrounding me in my day to day life may feel differently. But, just to be on the safe side, let's not ask any of those people...
4. Done. The cover artist has been contacted and has (possibly) forgiven me my complete lack of cover designing knowledge and saved me from having to go with my rockin' stick figure idea:
So there you have it. A 100% success rate for August... because really, how are you going to prove I'm crazier than I already was? So that just leaves setting my September goals. And that's easy. Well, the goal itself is going to be crazy hard but knowing what it is is easy.
September Goal (because there's just the one):
1. Publish Effigy.
Hope y'all are doing well with your own goals...