Monday, September 3, 2012

In Which I Fail To Create A Clever Title (an AYWN Update)

 Happy Labor Day, all.  This is the first Labor Day in quite some time that I haven't been... well, laboring at The Store so I'm not quite sure what to do with myself but I'm thinking a Firefly marathon is in order.  It'll be my reward for after I tell you just how well I did with my goals last month.

That's right.  I said well.

But don't take my word for it.  See for yourselves... these are the goals I set for August:


1.  Finish editing those 37 (or so pages).
2.  Get entire manuscript into the hands of a copy editor.
3.  Do not go crazy while waiting to hear back from said copy editor.
4.  Stop putting off the whole cover artist thing.


And here's how I did with those goals:

1.  Done.

2.  Done.  I even sent along some special pet bakery treats for the copy editor's dog.  That's right.  I am not above bribes.

3.  Done.  Maybe.  I'd like to think that I'm holding it together well but those surrounding me in my day to day life may feel differently.  But, just to be on the safe side, let's not ask any of those people...

4.  Done.  The cover artist has been contacted and has (possibly) forgiven me my complete lack of cover designing knowledge and saved me from having to go with my rockin' stick figure idea:
 

So there you have it.  A 100% success rate for August... because really, how are you going to prove I'm crazier than I already was?  So that just leaves setting my September goals.  And that's easy.  Well, the goal itself is going to be crazy hard but knowing what it is is easy.

September Goal (because there's just the one):

1.  Publish Effigy.
Yikes.

Hope y'all are doing well with your own goals...

41 comments:

  1. You achieved all of your goals! No yikes - you can do it.
    And enjoy your labor-free day with a Firefly marathon. I just might join you in that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone should enjoy Firefly marathons. Make that a national holiday.

      Delete
  2. Awe...I like the stick figures. They're so original.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a kick out of the stick figures too but I'm told cover art requires something more. =)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on reaching your goals! Enjoy the marathon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! You'r an inspiration to us all! :)

    Oh, and those stick figures just need a little color in their cheeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the goals! And a Firefly marathon sounds awesome.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds awesome because it is awesome. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Right on! You did it! Now you just have to let us excited readers get our hands on Effigy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love it - congratulations on reaching your goals and good luck with the September goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome for knocking out all your goals for August! I didn't do nearly as well. :(

    Don't worry about September, you gotta strike while your hot! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most months I don't do so well. August was the exception. I imagine September will find me back to normal. Whatever that is...

      Delete
  9. Look at you! Full steam ahead. Congrats on accomplishing all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know; it's a little scary. All right, a lot scary.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on achieving your goals. My own goals were derailed, but hopefully this month I will get back on track.

    ~Patricia - co-founder of AYWN?~
    http://www.patricialynne.com/aywn.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all too familiar with derailed goals. You'll definitely get back on track this month.

      Delete
  11. Wahooo!! Nice batting a thousand there in goals, lady.

    And good luck on September's goal. (If I were you, I'd buy some extra liquor to have on hand for the month of Sept. to help see you thru.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd also have to start drinking again. But who knows... maybe this will be the kick in the pants I need.

      Delete
  12. I believe that just being able to identify the goals is success enough some months. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on that. And I just may be say that next month...

      Delete
  13. I never have goals. That way, I don't feel when I don't meet them, and I feel GREAT when I do!
    Why am I not reading this yet? I think you're just withholding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the truth is there is no novel.

      Delete
    2. Is that like the whole spoon thing? You're not waving your hand around in the air, are you?

      Delete
    3. It's exactly like the spoon thing. Damn. You're onto me now...

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on meeting your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  15. You are a goal-busting goddess. Good luck with September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Goal busting goddess. I like it. I think I'll have cards printed up. =)

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole. I appreciate you stopping by today.

      Delete
  17. Hey, I dig the stick figures! Congrats on achieving your August goals and YAY for EFFIGY in SEPTEMBER!!!
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome, aren't they? I mean, the dude's got a sword and everything...

      Delete
  18. Yay; good job completing your goals.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, nicely done! Looks like September's gonna be a good month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Good luck completing September's goal!

    ReplyDelete
  21. "If you haven't any charity in your heart you have the worst kind of heart trouble" to cure it help people, let's unite for one good cause, be a volunteer"save lives"!mawaddainternationalaid

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on finishing all your August goals. That's a great feeling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete