Monday, August 6, 2012

Staff Meeting Drinking Game

I know I said in my last post that today's post would be my July book review but I'm a big fat liar who didn't get that book review finished last night, in part because of The Store's latest staff meeting.  So instead, I thought I'd share the latest additions to the Staff Meeting Drinking Game I've developed over the years.  Just make sure to bring your beverages in innocuous containers (i.e., vodka in a water bottle) because Management doesn't really approve this game... and, as always, please play responsibly!  (this means don't really play it.  Just do the shots in your mind.  It's like the soup thing.  It's always a hoot and we don't all die from it (Name!  That!  Reference!)

Do a shot...


...for every minute the meeting starts late because Management's just not ready yet. (Note: this would've netted participants thirty shots last night.)


...every time during the numbers talk when Management spews out a bunch of information, squints at the paper she's reading from and then says, "Never mind. That wasn't right."

...every time Management says, "the company's very excited about this!"


...every time Management gives me a dirty look for being a surly, sarcastic pain in the ass.

...every time Management orders two employees to separate because they won't stop talking.  (NOTE: do TWO shots when I'm not one of those employees)


...every time Management asks "Any questions?" and then gets pissed when someone asks a question.

...every time Management gets pissed because I've just corrected her grammar.

...every time Management counters with, "well, I'm not an English lit person."


...every time Management throws something at me when I counter that with "Proper grammar isn't just for writers any more."

and last, but not least...


...for every minute the meeting runs late.


Well, I'm off.  I have an early and long shift at The Store today.  This means I'll be very slow about getting to everyone else's blogs but I will get out there soon.  And maybe I'll get my book review up for Wednesday.  I know how you're just dying to read it. 

Have a great Monday, everyone...




33 comments:

  1. I like that game! I'd be trashed in about ten minutes where I work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've been on the floor long before the meeting began.

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha. Yes, drinking would make meetings a LOT more fun. Don't you just love Management? Where do they find these people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Management for never failing to up the absurd ante. I never want to things to blog/ tweet about with them around.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great meeting. We used to have a principal at our school who sounded kind of like your manager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the principal at your school was like my boss, I am deeply sorry for you.

      Delete
  4. ::snorts:: I kept giggling with your Twitter updates last night...in my neck of the woods, my boss makes me crazy when she says, "asterIKS." For heaven's sake, it's not like she *axes* me a question!
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remembered - one time, editing a document, she said "asterIKS" three times in a row, quickly, and I wanted to shoot myself in the ears. GAH!!!
      Some Dark Romantic

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, the Management team's grammar is truly awful. I fight a daily war on misplaced apostrophes.

      Delete
  5. I'm going into a training. Only have water available but I'll do a mental tally to see how many shots I'd have taken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do the mental tally thing. Last night, I would've done about 80 shots.

      Delete
  6. Don't people actually die from that game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the lucky ones...

      Just kidding. That's why I said at the beginning to not actually DO the shots because we don't want people to die.

      Delete
  7. I'd be blitzed before I even entered the room. Love the game though, I'll suggest it to the office :)

    Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun... and please remember to play responsibly!

      Delete
  8. Drinking games are better than book reviews anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then maybe I should post drinking games at the start of every month.

      Delete
  9. M.J.:

    Don't worry. I've worked the last 4 days and have been doing the Camp NaNo Wri Mo, which I should be doing right now.

    Hugs,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha!
    i remember those meetings! if they'd start on time, they might finish on time!
    and can i make a button about grammar, it's not just for writers anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really good to see the update here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh a shot game. I made up one about Star Trek once. Everytime a redshirt dies, take a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be smashed by the time the meeting actually starts! love this game though:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like fun :) Too bad I'm a nurse and can't drink on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really wish you could sit in on some of my meetings at work. They can be quite... surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL This sounds like the perfect game for all staff meetings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember meetings like that! And then I switched careers... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did you stumble out of there? I know I would of, if I had drunk that much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Must have been one hell of a hangover. (:

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you need a long vacation, dear. BTW, I'm tagging you on my blog for Thursday with a meme. It will force you to talk about your book. :) Every author should love talking about their book. And I want to hear about yours.

    ReplyDelete