Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fabulous Me


Precy Larkins has been kind enough to award me with the Fabulous Blog Ribbon.  This is a first time award for me.  And it's the first time I've even heard of it.


In accepting this award, I am asked to name five of my most fabulous moments, either in real life or on the blogosphere, five things I love, followed by five things I hate.  I then, of course, am supposed to pass this on to five other bloggers but I never do that part but if the Fabulous Blog Ribbon looks like something fun, please considered yourselves tagged.

So, I can come up with five things I love.  I can come up with five things I hate.  On certain days, I can come up with a lot more (but only the days which end in 'y', so no worries there...).  It's the fabulous life moments I'm the most worried about.  I'm not sure I've had five fabulous life moments.  But let's give it a go and see what I come up with.

I'm going to start with the things I love and the things I hate.  It'll give me more time to come up with some life moments in which I am not the female version of Mr. Bean.

Things I Love (in no particular order)


1.  Brownies from Mike's Pastry (Just look at them!  They're totally worth the three hour car ride)



2.  Burn Notice on the USA Network.  I have such a girl crush on Fiona Glenann.  Not to mention my regular crush on Michael Weston.  Plus, Sam Axe is just plain awesome.

3.  Masterchef on FOX.  It's amazing how into this show I am consider how much I hate cooking.

4.  So You Think You Can Dance on FOX.  I only think I can dance if I've had too much to drink but I love watching people with actual talent do it.  Especially when they do the Robot:

5.  This song:



Things I Hate


1.  Eggs
2.  Spiders
3.  Spider Eggs
4.  Driving the speed limit
5.  Intolerance (wait... something serious?  How'd that get in here?)



Fabulous Life Moments


1.  All right, so when I was eighteen and a freshman in college, my choir went on a week long tour of New England and eastern Canada.  We had a free day in Montreal, including a visit to Notre Dame.  We weren't scheduled to sing or anything but, somehow, we tracked down a man in charge and received permission to do an impromptu performance of "Ave Maria"  right then and there.  To this day, it remains my favorite performance.  So much better than that time I was supposed to sing an Italian aria and completely forgot the words.

2.  Back in 2003, when The Return of the King was supposed to be released, it was announced that certain theaters around the country would participate in a "Trilogy Tuesday" event where they show the extended editions of the first two movies leading up to a midnight premiere of the third movie.  I managed to get tickets for the event to a theater in Rhode Island.  I spent five hours on the road (one way) and almost twenty four hours at the movie theater itself (including time spent in line in order to get a decent seat) but it was totally worth it.  Because it was awesome.  And yes, I am a total geek.  But it's possible you already knew that.

3.  Being on Frenchman's Bay in Bar Harbor, Maine and getting to see this:



4.  Having the opportunity to visit the Grand Canyon.  Everyone should go if they get the chance.  Pictures really don't do it justice.



5.  Having the opportunity to travel to Russia with my sister to bring home my über awesome niece, Jupiter.  Talk about your life changing experiences!






All right.  Guess I didn't do too badly after all.  Thanks for coming out and thank again to Precy Larkins for my blog ribbon.  Go check out her site and have a great day!

24 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the story of you doing an impromptu performance! Moments like that are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice on the Flight of the Conchords song :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my absolute favorite of theirs. So far, anyway.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the award! Yum to the brownies :-) Oh, the Grand Canyon *sigh* I went there on a rainy day and it was still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great award! I love the look of those brownies - and now I'm very hungry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Wow, you got to go to Russia.
    And driving the speed limit SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only did I get to go to Russia, I got to go to Siberia. In winter.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't really cook but who still watches the cooking shows... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love Hell's Kitchen and Chopped. And Cupcake Wars. And the one where they made the theme cakes.

      Delete
  7. i love your things you hate, so funny!
    speed limits are guidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my philosophy on speed limits. The local police force doesn't seem to agree with me.

      Delete
  8. Hooray for robots! And impromptu performances! And über-nieces!

    I went to the Grand Canyon once, but don't remember it because I was only 2. My parents say I tried to jump in. (I didn't, though, which is fabulous.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Not jumping into the Grand Canyon is pretty fabulous.

      Delete
  9. I hate spiders and spider eggs too! Ick! Lots of them around this year too. *shudders* Mmmm, brownies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are very few problems that can't be helped by some delicious brownies.

      Delete
  10. I might've loved Jesse the mostest on the last Burn Notice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. He was fairly fabulous in that episode.

      Delete
  11. Those brownies look fabulous!

    Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, Burn Notice.

    And brownies. Now I need brownies...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Bret and Jemain, you are so funny :) and I will echo what everyone is saying about those brownies...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just posted my own Grand Canyon picture this week (in a guest post). Truly breath taking!! :)

    ReplyDelete