Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Awards Abounding, Part Two



Hope Roberson at Writing With Hope has presented me with the Kreativ Blogger Award. I have no idea why Blogger posted the picture twice but I'm just going to go with it. It's the award so nice I posted the badge for it twice!

Anyway... Rules for the KREATIV BLOGGER award:
*Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
*Answer the following 7 questions.
*Provide 10 random factoids about yourself.
*Pass this on to 7 deserving others.

Well, you already know I'm not going to do the last one (though if you'd like this award, please consider yourself tagged) but I'm cool with the rest.

Here are the seven questions:

1.  What is your favorite song?


My (current) favorite song is Florence + The Machine's "Heavy In Your Arms" (even if it is on a Twilight soundtrack) because it's chock full of deep, dark emotion with lyrics that fit some of my characters a little too perfectly.

2.  What's your favorite dessert?
 
I have to go with cake.  Or cupcakes.  Hold the frosting.

3.  What do you do when you're upset?



Well, I used to do something physical like take a walk or hit a tennis ball against a wall for a while but lately, I've taken to sitting, staring (at whatever's around) and stewing.  Tennis was healthier.

4.  What's your favorite pet?


I've had a lot of pets over the years and I love them all but I had to admit that my favorite pet is this blog.  C'mon, I couldn't pick a favorite.  If one of my pets reads this post and find out I didn't pick him or her, there'd be hell to pay.

5.  Which do you prefer?  Black or white?


Black.

6.  What is your biggest fear?


Frakking up Effigy.  That, and eggs.

7.  What is your attitude mostly?


Bad.  Sad, but true.

And now for ten random factoids.

Here are the 10 Most Played Songs on my iPod:

10. Bodily by Ani DiFranco (80 plays)
9.  I Know by Trespassers William (81 plays)
8.  Into Dust by Mazzy Stay (83 plays— well, 84 now.  It just came on.)
7.  No, I Don't Remember by Anna Ternheim (85)
6.  My Vampire Heart by Tom McRae (87)
5.  Cut by Plumb (89)
4.  Indifference by Pearl Jam (95)
3.  Running Up That Hill by Placebo (96)
2.  All I Want by Ahn Trio (123)
1.  Heavy In Your Arms by Florence + The Machine (133)

Yeah.  I know.  They're all moody, emotional, atmospheric songs.  I like my mood(y) music when I'm writing.  In case you're worried about my mental well being (first of all, it's far too late for that...), just know that Robin Sparkles's classic "Let's Go To The Mall" and ABBA's "Dancing Queen" are #11 and #12.

See, I'm not a total Emo Freak!

And on that note, thanks again to Hope. Be sure to check out her blog. And be sure to come back tomorrow when I participate in the "My So-Called Teenage Life" bloghop. It'll be full of all kinds of angsty fun!

14 comments:

  1. Like to know more about this fear of eggs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the messing up the manuscript fear - believe me, I do! - but the egg thing? I'm with Alex - I want to know more, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And why wouldn't you? It's completely bizarre. And occasionally embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any neighbors you don;t like? I have some ideas next time you get upset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any other kind of neighbor. Told you my attitude was bad. =)

      Delete
  5. You say Emo Freak like it's a bad thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. If I'm doing it, it can't possibly be bad. =)

      Delete
  6. yay!! i know some of that music!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Using ten random tunes for your facts list was pretty clever, I must say - I will be sure to steal - uh, I mean - *borrow* this idea in future. ;-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've run out of random facts about myself so I'm always trying to find other things to do in place of them. Next time, I'll probably do the ten most embarrassing songs on my iPod.

      Steal away!

      Delete
  8. Robin Sparkles FTW.

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love cake, except I could just eat the frosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the award.

    I'm with you on the frosting, but love cake, especially home-made ones!

    ReplyDelete