Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Awards Abounding, Part One

I'm having a hard time getting started with this blog.  Well, with most every thing lately which just means that I'm...well, conscious.  So I am especially indebted to my fellow bloggers for helping me out by recently bestowing upon me an insane number of accolades.  Hence the "Part One" portion of my title.  Parts Two and Three will be in the days to come.

My first awards come courtesy of Danielle B from Entertaining Interests and Jackie at Bouquet of Books.  Last week, I participated in their two day First Fight/First Kiss Blogfest where participants were asked to post the first fight scene and the first kiss scene from a WIP.  They each chose a winner for each scene as well as some honorable mentions.

I am pleased (and flattered, very, very flattered) to have been named Danielle's winner for First Fight.  I also received an honorable mention from both Danielle and Jackie for my First Kiss scene.  This means I get to display the following badges:




Pretty cunnin', huh?

If you missed my entries and are curious to read them, you can click on the badges above to read the corresponding scenes.  You can click HERE to read my First Fight scene and HERE for the First Kiss.  I don't know why the badge links didn't work so if you tried them, I apologize.

If you missed the others' entries, you can go to either Danielle or Jackie's blogs and find a complete participant list.  Thank you to everyone who did come by and left me lovely compliments and comments.  They were much appreciated.  And Thank you to both Danielle and Jackie for both hosting a very fun blogfest, letting me come late to the party, and choosing me as a honoree.

That's gonna do it for me today.  See y'all next time.

25 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I'm sure I read them, but I'll pop back to refresh myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those badges didn't link to the posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why they didn't. Thanks for letting me know. =)

      Delete
  3. Congrats! They were good excerpts and I enjoyed reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Madeline. I appreciate you stopping by both excerpt days.

      Delete
  4. Hugs and chocolate bars to you! You're well desrving of your awards. The reads were great.

    Shelly
    http://secondhandshoesnovel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. It is well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahoo! That's an awesome win, and well deserved I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats! they were great scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Congratulations. Those were wonderfully written scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for consciousness! (And awards. Awards are good, too.)

    I'll admit I enjoyed your fighting scene more, since I'm basically Fred Savage in The Princess Bride ("Hold it, hold it... Is this a kissing book?"), but both were fun and well-written. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. It is, on occasion, a kissing book. But there's also sword fighting...

      Delete
  10. Thank you, everyone. You're both generous and kind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, congrats on your win and honorable mention!!! YAY, YOU!!!!! :-)))))))))) (<---That's me, smiling big for ya.)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete