Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Something To Blog About
Thank you, ladies. I am, as always, flattered to have been thought of and quite thrilled to have something besides chocolate croissants (as delicious as they may be) to blog about today (hence my very clever title).
First up is the Stylish Blogger Award, courtesy of Rachel Pattinson over at Rachel's Ramblings. Each recipient is asked to share five things about his or her blog. I honestly found this to be rather difficult but here's what I came up with:
1. I started blogging back in January 2005. I don't know why I thought I should start a blog but I did. I'm sure writing had something to do with it but my very first post was about the New England Patriots defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship game.
2. My most popular posts (views and comments wise) ever both came from last month's A to Z Challenge (a great way to grow your blog if you're interested in doing that). The first concerned my big ass storyboard. The second was about the Animaniacs. Both took over the spot from my Justin Beiber movie post. Sorry, Biebs.
3. The first non-relative to comment on my blog was Ava Quinn from Tongue in Cheek. If you don't already follow her blog, you really should because she's hilarious.
4. At the beginning of each month, I post a review of all the books I read during the previous month. Since I have a tendency to read a lot of books, these reviews are usually short little blurbs giving you all the essential information (did I like the book or hate the book) you need without any of those nasty spoilers. It's been pointed out to me that I am occasionally brutal to the books I don't like (and I don't like a lot of books). This will probably come back to bite me in the ass someday when someone hates Effigy but I'm not going to say I like a book I don't like. Honesty is the best— if not nicest— policy.
5. Joss Whedon (and the Whedonverse) is the most frequently mentioned person/subject of this blog. (Effigy is a close second.) It's like I'm obsessed or something...
My second award is the Versatile Blogger Award. It was bestowed upon me by Tara Tyler from Tara Tyler Talks.
When one accepts this award, one is asked to share seven facts about oneself. But I'm sure I have seven facts left to share (after all, I have been blogging since 2005) so I'm going to share the seven television quotes I have most recently scribbled down into my notebook.
These are quotes that I have found to be hilarious or clever or inspirational (as in 'hey, wouldn't that be a cool concept for my novel' inspirational, not 'Stuart Smalley's Deep Thoughts' inspirational) or some combination of the three. So here are the seven most recent scribbled down lines:
1. Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? No, a summer's day is not a bitch. (Nick from New Girl)
2. You're not alone. You have friends. Somewhere. I assume. (April from Parks and Recreation)
3. I always hear 'punch me in the face' with you but it's usually subtext. (Watson from Sherlock)
4. Beer, other drinks may get me drunk but only you intoxicate me. (Bobby from Cougar Town)
5. I haven't been judged by this many people since I forgot my canvas bags at Whole Foods. (Mitchell from Modern Family)
6. I've got a pantomine horse disguise you could use. Do either of you have experience being a horse's ass? (Veronica from Veronica Mars)
7. I may be on the side of angels but don't for one second think that I am one of them. (Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock)
I'll leave you to work out which is which...
Thanks again to Rachel and Tara. Go visit their blogs and I'll see y'all next time.