Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Post With No Name

Allow me to state the obvious:  I haven't blogged in a while.

And, to be honest, I don't even know if this post will see the light of day.  I won't know until I either hit the 'publish' button or the 'logout' button.  I've sat down to write a post a couple of times during the last almost two weeks now only to find myself struck with a sudden and overwhelming case of Not Caring.  And since I wasn't interested in what I was writing, I could hardly expect anyone in the blogosphere to be interested in reading it.

So I didn't write it. 

My gift to you.

Instead, I've spent some time being lazy (no point in denying it) and eating chocolate croissants while catching up on my backlog of Supernatural episodes.  I've spent some time at The Store.  (There's a rumor I could be fired.  I really wish Management would just make up their minds already because I do so hate getting up early.  Especially to go there.)  I made some vacation plans for this summer.  I was excited about them for a little while but that went away when I remembered that now I actually will have to go bathing suit shopping.  I cleaned the house (well, parts of it anyway) and I read a trio of books that just weren't all that interesting.

I even did some work on my own book.  I don't really want to talk about it because the last time I talked about writing, I came off like this woman (I imagine my wonderfully patient commenters are the people waiting in line):
Now, I happen to be more like this guy (and not the one in the hat):
But for all of you Doomsday seekers, no worries.  My shift in attitude is not a sign of the impending apocalypse (although I can understand why you might think that).  The Dude(ette) won't abide for long.  I know sooner or later, the winds will shift and I'll be back to being my usual insane self.  Something to look forward to, right?

Right.

And, just in case I totally flake on this blog again, tomorrow (Wednesday), I'll be taking my crazy on the road when I'm featured over at The Writing Nut as part of her Wednesday Writer's Workspace series.  She has a great blog and I'm honored to be a part of it for a day.  If you're a writer, you should definitely check out her site.  Lots of great stuff to be found there.

Until next time...

19 comments:

  1. Hope everything settles down soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with taking breaks to eat chocolate croissants once in a while! Hope you're back in the groove soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with taking breaks to eat chocolate croissants once in a while! Hope you're back in the groove soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ebb and flow of life - it will be all right, MJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things will look up. Anything chocolate sounds yummy to me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you, MJ. Those "blahs" can stay around awhile sometimes. Hang in there!

    (And I don't know about you, but bathing suit shopping while feeling the "blahs" might not be the best idea....) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wondering where you've been. Now you made me want a chocolate croissant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Miss Cole- Thank you.

    @Kyra- I just hope the chocolate croissants hold out. I don't know what I'll do if they run out.

    @Alex- I'm sure it will be too. Thanks.

    @Susanne- Thank you. And yes, it does.

    @Madeline- Oh yeah, I won't be bathing suit shopping right away. I have to work off some chocolate croissants first...

    @Liz- I've made me want one too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes it is good to take a break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sometimes the brain needs a break from being so darn creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a really hard time concentrating on anything after chocolate croissant...

    I have a son with a gluten allergy, so when bread presents itself, I start to drool a little...

    ReplyDelete
  12. While I totally miss you, it's cool if you don't feel like posting. I think all writing ebbs and flows. Soon enough, the words won't start coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, a lot of people have been having really crappy weeks lately. Like the last couple. Maybe it's something in the air?

    Take your break. Sometimes you just need one, especially when you feel lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Cherie and @Tara- Yes, sometimes it is good. I do worry that I've been needing to take too many breaks lately.

    @Jolene- I have that same problem. Not the gluten part but the concentration following mention of chocolate croissants problem.

    @JEFritz- Ebbs and flows is a very apt description. Sometimes I think someone stole the moon because it feels like my tide's been out for quite a while now.

    @Liz- I don't really know that I'd classify these past weeks as bad. More 'meh.' But maybe they're really just the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chocolate croissants and Supernatural - two great tastes that go great together! Uh...you know what I mean.

    Hang in there, MJ - we've got to keep fighting the good fight. In the immortal words of New Order, "The deeper you get, the sweeter the pain; don't give up the game until your heart stops beating."

    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that scene from Airplane. If I didn't have Parts 2 and 3 of the godfather to watch, I'd be putting that in the DVD player now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It would be easier to forgive your absence if you had brought croissants for the rest of us! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ack!
    Now, I'm all paranoid that mine was one of the ones you read that wasn't interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are allowed a break. But I agree with Andrea, croissants for all! :D Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete