Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Procrastination, Psych, and Palpatine. Oh My!


I find I'm rather distracted this morning (I might tell you why tomorrow). As a result, I've been looking at a blank screen and a blinking cursor for a while now so I think I'm going to start today's post with a very apt (and possibly fake) motivational poster:


Next up is the little psychic detective series that could... Psych. It premiered on the USA network in 2006 and has lasted six seasons thus far, with a seventh on the way. If you're unfamiliar with the premise, it's about a guy named Shawn Spenser who pretends to be a psych and helps the local police department (and occasionally other law enforcement types) solve crimes. His sidekick is his best friend, Gus. The friendship between Shawn and Gus is something to which we should all aspire. This show never fails to make me laugh and I find that's important in a show. Occasionally, the show takes a more serious turn (as per example the recent season finale. All I have to say is... WTF! I need the next season NOW!) and they still manage to make that work.

They also have managed to snag some pretty awesome guest stars including William Shatner as Juliet's father and Gary Cole who appeared as a hostage negotiator . Then there was the episode "Dual Spires" which featured much of the cast of "Twin Peaks" in a "Twin Peaks" parody.

But as awesome as all that is (and it really is quite awesome), my favorite part of each episode is finding out how Shawn will introduce Gus. Below is a montage video of said introductions (thank you, You Tube!) but my favorite one isn't in there so I'm writing it out for you instead.

Shawn: "This is my partner Jhon Shmit. His middle names are Jacob Jingle Hiemer. "
Random Guy: "You are saying his name is Jhon Jacob Jingle Hiemer Shmit?"
Shawn: "Yes. It was my name too, but I changed it... because of all the people shouting when I went out."




And last but not least... Palpatine

I am not a Star Wars fan. It doesn't really do anything for me. I've seen all the films and I thought "The Empire Strikes Back" was a pretty decent movie but that's really about it. So it surprises me that I enjoy Star Wars parodies as much as I do. Now, I'm also not a Robot Chicken fan. That show is really hit or miss (and more miss) so I've actually stopped watching it. Unless I hear they're doing another of their Star Wars themed episodes. Then I tune in because those crack me up, especially the clips involving Palpatine. I'm posting a couple of them below. Please note that they're Robot Chicken clips which inherently means they feature lots of strategic bleeping (and depending upon certain factors may not be suitable for work. Or for family viewing). But they are hilarious. At least I think so. Enjoy the videos. I'll see y'all tomorrow.







22 comments:

  1. Psych is one of my favorite shows. I'll admit I'm a bit of a Psych-O and smile every time I see a pineapple. I love the different names Shawn comes up for Gus, and Lassie is my favorite character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving me an excuse to not work for another 5 minutes.
    And an excuse to laugh to myself for another 5 minutes after that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen Psych, sounds great though!

    I completely understand about the procrastination - I am a master at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Vadar fall asleep in the last clip?

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. That poster is hilarious! And I've never seen Psych!! You're the second person I've seen post about it, too! Oh well. Btw, I tagged you on my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am not a procrastinator--but have lots of experience with one---i haven't seen psych--

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you read on my blog, I also love psych! I didn't realize last week was the season finale - it seems like it just came back! I might have to watch some re-runs in the meantime.

    My favorite aspect of psych is when Gus defends something ridiculous Shawn does or joins in. I love that he plays the straight man, but not always. "You know that's right." The last ep where he kept eating candy cracked me up.

    Also, I also insanely love the Robot Chicken Star Wars episodes. The show itself has gotten so raunchy,even though it's funny I don't keep up with it as much. But like Family Guy, even if it's tasteless humor it still manages to make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Psych is one of the best shows ever. (I posted about it for F - friendship.) Gus and Shawn are just such good friends and their banter cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids and I love Psych!

    Have you seen R2-D2: Beneath the Dome? That one's great.
    So is George Lucas in love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Psych is one of my favorites. It's clever and hysterical. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Palpatine is such an awesome bad dude. He's CRAZY man! And I love Psych. Sooo funny! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have not seen any of these, but they all look hilarious.

    Although, I always get Gary Cole confused with Gary Coleman. Bet I'm not the only one. That must bug the crap out of him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I have only seen Star Warsy Robot Chickens...love the one where they are ordering lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Psych! Those Robot Chicken clips are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Psych is my favorite show. Only watched a few eps of this season though. I have them all dvr'd - I just prefer watching them in marathons and it's hard to wait each week for a new episode.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Psych looks funny. I haven't watched it. But USA network has a lot of great shows. We are addicted to 'In Plain Sight' only to know this is the final season. I'm glad Psych is still going strong, I need to start watching it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm pretty much the queen of procrastination. It's really bad.

    It's probably part of the reason why I like Psych so much but haven't gotten around to catching up on the current season, or most of the ones I've missed. But I DO love Dual Spires and have probably seen it at least 6 or 7 times. Although I've only seen the ending once. Long story.

    And I'm kind of shocked that you aren't a Star Wars far. I love it. So, so much. I'm with you on Robot Chicken, though. I'm really not a fan, but their Star Wars parodies are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loooooove Psych! I recently marathoned the whole series and OMG NEED SEASON SEVEN RIGHT NOW!

    My favourite episode has got to be Last Night Gus. I weep with laughter every time.

    Thanks for following my blog! I've just got to follow you too. Fist bump!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, I haven't gotten to Shatner or the Twin Peaks episode yet! (We're only working our way through the beginning of season 4.) But I love all the ad libbing, especially the naming of the names.

    (Just to be safe, I'll wait till I get home for my Robot Chicken fix.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just pointed out to my mother that I haven't worked on MBS in about a month. Talk about procrastination...

    Never got into Psych. I think this is the one place we differ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just pointed out to my mother that I haven't worked on MBS in about a month. Talk about procrastination...

    Never got into Psych. I think this is the one place we differ...

    ReplyDelete