Friday, April 13, 2012

Leapin' Lizards!

It's time for another hodgepodge post on My Pet Blog. Today's post is brought to you by the letter L and will have absolutely nothing to do with lizards, leaping or otherwise. I just love alliteration.

Let's get started, shall we?

Logan Echolls

Show: Veronica Mars

Portrayed by: Jason Dohring

So, yesterday I was having one of those confidence free days where I didn't know why I was bothering to write a book at all (I think we call it "Thursday") so I decided to knock off early and partake in a Veronica Mars marathon. If you're unfamiliar with this show, I highly recommend it but be sure to tune in on April 25th when this special, completely awesome show gets its first very own post. Anyway, I'm digressing. Partway through the pilot episode, I decided I had to make mention of one of my very favorite characters ever, Logan Echolls. When we first meet him, Veronica says, "every school has an obligatory psychotic jackass— he's ours." And he certainly starts out that way but through the three too short seasons of the show, he evolves into quite an interesting, complicated character.

Best lines: "Annoy tiny blond one. Annoy like the wind." (Season One, Echolls Family Christmas)

and

"My day is complete. Veronica Mars has accused me of evil doing." (Season Two, Green Eyed Monster)

Lorelai Gilmore

Show: Gilmore Girls

Portrayed by: Lauren Graham

Lorelai Gilmore is quite possibly the coolest mom in television history. I love writing dialogue and I love a show that has well written dialogue. And this is one such show (all right, so the last two seasons weren't all that great. But there were still occasionally funny moments). One of the taglines for this show was "Life's short. Talk fast" and no one embodied this philosophy more than Lorelai. It was probably that coffee addiction. But whatever it was, she was always ready with a clever quip which makes it so much harder to pick favorite lines for her. Really, you could pick any episode and there would be some awesome Lorelai moment. So I'm just going to post this video of one of my favorite conversations between Lorelai and her daughter, Rory. The video's about three minutes long. It's not the one I wanted to post because the shorter version had the embedding disabled. Uncool, YouTube people. Uncool.




And now for something completely different...

Because I do recognize the fact that some of you (most of you) out there are not as television obsessed as I am.

Live (the rock band...not as "Live! With Regis and Kelly!") 's first album was Mental Jewelry in 1991. They achieved their biggest success with their 1994 album Throwing Copper. The following video (one of my favorites) is from that album.



25 comments:

  1. Two amazing characters from two of my favorite shows. Though I must admits I didn't appreciate how things ended with Logan in season 3. And where's Luke Danes? He's an awesome L too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch the shows but I do know the band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know the TV shows or the band BUT it is a cool song. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Gilmore Girls!!! I have all the seasons. ;) I've never seen Veronica Mars though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, Logan's the best character on that show. Haven't watched much Gilmore, but love the Lorelai/Rory combo for their quick-paced witty repartee. And I got into Live a few months before they hit it big. As expected, three excellent choices.

    (And for the record, I'm glad you didn't go the leaping lizards route. I had enough of Annie as a kid when my sister watched it non-stop.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love Veronica Mars. I'm now following your blog because you do too. Hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never watched Veronica or Gilmore Girls (please don't throw your remote at me!). But I've been on the WB tour and sat in that cafe from the clip. I have a picture somewhere... anyway, I love Lauren Graham, might have to check out an episode or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved Logan! He started out as such a jerk, but grew. Still get chills thinking about their first kiss. :sigh:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Veronica Mars and dear mixed up, messed up Logan. I'll have to find and re-watch. One thing both those shows had in common was the witty, nail gun dialogue--one of my favourite ingredients in a TV show.

    It's been a while since I heard that live song. That album was another fave.

    Thanks for the memories! I'll be dropping by more often now that I've caught up to your blog via A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such good taste in shows and music. This is a very happy place :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that Live song too!
    -MJ A to Z blogger http://creativelyspiltink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the quote you picked for the psychotic jackass - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed Veronica Mars while it was on but I did get to watch the whole thing on Netflix.
    Great show.
    I hated what they did with Logan at the end. He was a strong character and they made him wishy washy. It's like everyone grew up but him.

    Great pick!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing, & I've enjoyed both shows when I've watched them. Great band too & hadn't heard of them before :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two shows I've never watched for even a minute. Gee, I feel like a really uncool mom now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never watched Gilmore Girls religiously, but I did get a kick out of their banter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE Lorelei! Such a fun series and character. Love that scene too :) Have never seen Veronica Mars though.

    Anna@Herding Cats & Burning Soup

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just found you on the A-Z list. I enjoy your blogs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Veronica Mars series, I was so sad that it got cancelled. Loving the blog theme for A-Z.
    Be sure to check me out at andrinathoughts.blogspot.com

    Andrina
    A MIND*S EYE

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't watch a lot of television and haven't seen either show. Thanks for sharing about them!!

    Cheers, Jenn
    http://www.wine-n-chat.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two great shows and two great characters! Now I watch both - I miss them! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It was only a matter of time before we wrote about the same thing. Same picture and everything <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! I'm stopping by for the A to Z challenge (Coincidentally, my theme is TV!) I'll have to check out more of your posts.

    Ijust watched the entirety of Gilmore Girls last year. The first time my husband saw it he said, "do they all talk like that?" Haha- YES. I liked it for the most part but I could not handle that spin off episode where Jess was set up for his own show in California (which never panned out -thank god). I mean it's one thing for all the quirky folks in Stars Hollow to have a thing, but moving the setting to Venice Beach and expecting the formula to work = not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG, I LUUUUUUUURVE "I Alone!" I remember I was going through the wringer when that tune came out and it just really resounded with me (that is to say, the longing for one who'd love me that way resounded). Memories, man...

    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete