Friday, March 9, 2012

WIP: The Movie

This might be my last post for a time as I have some sure to be fun shifts at The Store coming up (that new spring line apparently won't put itself out) next week so if I am to leave you (however briefly), I'm glad to do so with something as fun as this particular blogfest hosted by Kyra Lennon at Write Here, Write Now and Rachel Schieffelbien at Writing On The Wall.





The purpose behind this blogfest is to indulge every writer's fantasy: what our beloved stories would look like on the big screen. Participants have been asked to cast the movie as well as build a soundtrack. The second part of this is easy as I have built several soundtracks for my WIP, Effigy. The first part, however, was surprisingly difficult. In the interest of time, I have only cast the two main characters. For a more complete list, you can click HERE.

The role of Haleine Coileáin, the story's central character, I'd probably award to Jennifer Lawrence (yes, she of "The Hunger Games" fame). Or Rose Leslie (you may have seen her on Downton Abbey and rumor has it, you'll soon see her on Game of Thrones). But honestly, I don't know. I've always had a hard time deciding this one. Here are their pictures:





The role of Haleine's love interest, Dana (no last name), is currently going to Joseph Morgan of The Vampire Diaries fame because I have a wild crush on him and his voice is really, really sexy. Don't judge me.



So now that I have thoroughly embarrassed myself, let's move on to the soundtrack, shall we? As I said earlier, I've created several soundtracks for this book. When I stumble across new songs I like better, or the story evolves as I take a freaking lifetime to write the damn thing, some songs go, some songs stay. Again, in the interest of time, I'm only going to post two songs. If you're interested in seeing the complete (and current) soundtrack, click HERE. Just be forewarned that there are spoilers on that page. Some people don't care about things like that but others do. So, please, consider yourselves warned.

This first song made the very first soundtrack and has pretty much been the only song to survive all these long years. It's Sarah McLachlan's Do What You Have To Do:





The second song I'm going to post has really come to define Haleine. It's been on the soundtrack almost as long as the first song. It's Natalie Merchant's My Skin:





Well, that's going to do it for me today. Thanks for stopping by and thank you to Kyra and Rachel for hosting this blogfest. I'm looking forward to hopping around to see what everyone else has going on.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'll see you soon.

36 comments:

  1. Fun. I love knowing songs to go along with stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your songs, but that second one, wow! I'd heard it before, but never knew who sung it they're great and who doesn't love Jennifer Lawrence? Amazing choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with your song choices, they really say a lot about your story. Jennifer Lawrence is so lovely - great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go with Rose Leslie. She seems more accessible.
    Sorry the clothes don't hang themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your songs! They really hear what the cast feels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree about Joseph Morgan's voice ... so sexy!
    And I love your both choices for your heroine, though I confess that I would pick Jennifer Lawrence (but I think that's because of Hunger Games lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't judge you for the voice thing if you don't judge me for wanting to pinch his lower lip. :) Great casting choices! I like the puzzle in Rose's eyes - choose her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd go with Jennifer Lawrence(I'm the one who cast Josh Hutcherson as my male MC), but the other girl is beautiful, too. I love Joseph Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww-some cast picks! And I love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Durr--I mean the one by Sarah McLachlan!!! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a guy with a sexy voice. I don't watch Vampire Diaries, but now I must check this guy out.

    Great picks! Sarah McLachlan is one of my favorite singer song artists.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff! I missed this blog hop - dang it! I really love those pics, both very beautiful women!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, those are two fantastic singers. Love those songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. smooth & sexy! i hope thats what you were going for!

    have a great weekend, despite the store =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice picks! Very cool songs. Thanks for playing along with us! I'm glad you could do it before you get super busy at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Jennifer. She has such a fresh look! And I've seen Vampire Diaries, why can't I place Joseph? Now I need to IMBD him...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joseph Morgan's voice definitely sexy! Great choices. And you can't do wrong with a Sarah McLachlan song. New follower *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You are just brilliant for having thought of all of this. I have no idea who I would want to play my leading female character.

    Sorry about the extra work. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The 2nd actress is so lovely!!! I love her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your story sounds facinating. You've won me over as a new fan & folower.

    Personally I would pick Rose Leslie as Haleine Coileáin, because I have a weakness for redheads. Plus she's in Game of Thrones and who doesn't love Game of Thrones, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome music choice! Super yummy male lead too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I ADORE Natalie Merchant . . . been a while.

    That was a blast :-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved reading about your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post! It is SO HARD to come up with actors for someone in your head, isn't it? Loved the songs, too. I'm gonna have to check out that Natalie Merchant one again later when my kids aren't being so loud. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your characters are so gorgeous! Rose Leslie is soooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sarah and Natalie are 2 of my faves. And that actor is hawt. Never seen him before but I cans ee why you have a crush. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. OOOH! I love the cast AND the song choices! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your songs (and cast) are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's fascinating to see your soundtrack - broken down by chapter even! I write to music and music is very important to me, but I don't often build soundtracks for my own work - not sure why, maybe too close to it? But I remember putting together a soundtrack for Twilight before the movie (and soundtrack) came out. Was totally different, of course. But it was easier for me to do with someone else's work. And love seeing 'Gwen' from DA again - I say bring her back!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very interesting choices.

    New follower. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's funny, I've cast your entire book with characters from the Princess Bride. Except Dana is actually Joseph Fiennes.
    I hope this book is going well. Keep writing and remember, it is GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hmm if your characters and songs are an indication, your story sounds really interesting. Loved the Sarah McLachlan song. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey, I'm super behind on my blog reading and just catching up now, so don't mind my two week late comment here (but expect one on every post as I work my way up...)

    Anyway, I write with Scrivener, which gives you the option of posting pictures of your characters - a feature I have yet to utilize to it's full extent. I know one character would be played by Kyle Gallner, but that's pretty much it.

    I was recently thinking about who I would cast to play Claire, and I don't know if it's my Hunger Games fever or my utter girl crush on her, but I decided I would probably want to cast Jennifer Lawrence. So, when she's done playing Haleine can you send her my way? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete