I had an interesting weekend, filled with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I have to apologize to a few people (you know who you are) for that lowest of lows part— I hope I didn't get too much of my crazy on you. But if I did, put a little club soda on it. That should help...
But anyway, let's move on. Here's what I did over the weekend:
1. A lot of sitting. Friday night/Saturday morning, a system of snow, sleet and ice moved through the valley and knocked out the power so The Man and I were left sitting on the couch staring at each other all day. Got very boring (Can anyone out there Name! That! Reference! I'll be so proud if you do). No electricity, no internet, no nothing. Man, I couldn't even do the laundry. It was almost more than a pair of internet junkies like us could take. Fortunately, the power returned before we were forced into a "Lord of the Flies" scenario.
2. Watched the movie 50/50. Have you seen this movie? If you have, how awesome was it and how mad are you that the stupid Academy didn't nominate it for best freaking picture of the year? If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it.
3. Watched Captain America: The First Avenger. It was all right. I'm really only watching all these superhero movies because of Joss Whedon so don't throw rotten vegetables at me for being ho hum on this. I did enjoy Tommy Lee Jones. Especially his line "if you have something to say, now's a perfect time to keep it to yourself." I promptly tweeted it.
4. Won The Legend of Zelda. This is (probably sadly) the highest of my highs this weekend. This is a nintendo game first released in 1987. I've been trying to win since then. I mean, not like constantly or anything— I'm not quite that pathetic— but yeah, it's been on my list of life goals for a very long time now. And yesterday afternoon, I finally got to cross it off. Of course, now there's some sort of second quest but it'll keep.
5. I almost accomplished the goals I set last Monday. They included finding the kitchen counter (done), giving Big a daily belly rub (done), completing three thirty minute work outs (done), and completing three new scenes for Effigy (not as done as I had hoped). So, three out of four isn't bad. If it was a pop quiz, it would be a passing score. It's those new scenes. I finished two of them. I almost finished the third. It has a beginning and an end. It just doesn't have a middle yet. Or a whole lot of focus but I'm working on it. I've also decided that I need to write yet another new scene. I do believe this is what we call the snowball effect. I do believe I am moving in the wrong direction.
So here's my new list of goals for the week:
1. Complete three thirty minute work outs.
2. Complete two new scenes for Effigy.
3. Stop deciding that Effigy needs new scenes.
That's gonna do it for me today... how was your weekend and what's on your to-do list for this week?