Friday, March 2, 2012

Another Blog Award? For Moi?


S.L. Hennessy over at Pensuasion has awarded me with the Kreative Blogger award.

The rules (guidelines?) of accepting this award state that I am now to share seven interesting facts about myself. Since the last time I did this, I let it slip that I once contemplated becoming an opera singer, therefore destroying my "badass mystique" (not my word choice, but one I love), this time around I decided to call in an image consultant: my brother.

Sure, you might see it as me getting my brother to do my homework for me. Or maybe you're viewing it as a show of complete and total lack of creativity on my part but trust me, when you read my list, you'll be glad I did. He came through in fine fashion. Not that I expected anything different...

So here now, for your reading pleasure, are seven interesting "facts" (wait...did I just use air quotes?) about me:

1. I am a rabid fan of televised Arm Wrestling Championships. Did you know there's a Michael Jordan of arm wrestling? His name is John. John Brzenk. Go ahead... Google him. You know you want to.

2. I can be terse. Once, in flight school, I was laconic.

3. I voted for Ralph Nader. Well, not really, but it did keep the GOP from coming to my house every weekend.

4. I tried building my very own Chuck E. Cheese's by slowly stealing and re-assembling pieces from all the games. I named it Dave & Busters.

5. My name is Inigo Montoya but I wish it were River Tam.

6. I dream of writing for the Lifetime Movie Network. Also about tiny dancing cheeses, but that may not be related.

7. I am serious and stop calling me Shirley. I said before I prefer River Tam.

So thanks again to S.L. Hennessy for finding me worthy and thank you to my brother for my awesome list of facts. A couple of those statements, by the way, are 100% accurate. I'll let you decide which ones...

Have a great weekend, everyone.

11 comments:

  1. Had to laugh about stealing Chuck E Cheese parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a River Tam in all of us. Do the cheeses dance to rock and roll or are they country line dancers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends on the night and how much cough syrup I've had...

    ReplyDelete
  4. opera singer=more badass, not less

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers from your brother, and congrats on the award! No Shirley, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps I should let my brother write seven "facts" about me... On the other hand, that might not be such a good idea.

    Love number 3. And River is a great name. River Tam. River Song...

    ReplyDelete
  7. #5 it Completely true. I know it.

    Great brother answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. arm wrestling, ha!
    i like how all your answers are related in some way, double ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Princess Bride AND Firefly in one reference? I'm lovin it.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey MJ, You have yet another award to pick up from my site, as I have just awarded you a Sunshine Award!

    ReplyDelete