Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Campaigns and Challenges

Today at My Pet Blog, we're all about the coming attractions. Here's what's on tap:

First off, it's time to hit the campaign trail (no, not that one...) with Rachael Harrie's fourth Writers' Platform-Building Campaign. This campaign is a fantastic way to connect with other writers, bloggers, and maybe even some industry people. I participated in the second campaign (back when it was still a crusade and not a campaign) and found lots of great people through it. I missed the third campaign but I'm back for the fourth. This particular campaign runs from now until March 17th. Sign ups close on February 15th and the first challenge will be posted on February 20th.

It's easy and a lot of fun. If you haven't done a campaign yet, you should definitely consider it. Head over to Rachael's blog (links above...even the picture is a link!) for all the details...


Second, we have Arlee Bird's A to Z Challenge. This takes place in April and is an absolutely HUGE blogfest. The idea is to post the letter of the alphabet every day during the month of April (with Sundays off for good behavior), starting with A on April 1st. Last year, around 1200 bloggers participated and so far this year, 500 have signed up and it's only February. Again, follow the links to get more information on this event and/or to sign up for it. Even the picture is a link...

Last year was my first go of it and I had an absolutely great time. It was very entertaining and occasionally exhausting but such a fun way to (again) connect with other bloggers. And as soon as May rolled around, I started thinking about topics for next year's challenge. I'm still working on that list. If you have any suggestions, let me know...

Happy Blogging, all.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for plugging the Challenge! The team is working really hard to make this a stellar year.
    I did the campaign last year but couldn't keep up with the assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear cheese, I totally failed at that A to Z thing last year. And listen...not to bug you, but you did ask for beta readers and somehow, I only have through chapter 11. As my friend Lucy would say, what the very f$&k? Send me more soon, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw people doing the A to Z thing last year in April but I didn't know what it was until it had already started haha. I don't think I have enough material to do it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alex- I can't say that I'll perform either challenge particularly well but I'll certainly give it a try.

    @Christa- I'm surprised I pulled out the A to Z Challenge last year. Thank goodness (sarcasm alert...) my dog was diagnosed with Lyme disease on L day.

    @The Writing Hour- I did that the first year the challenge existed so I made sure to jump on board last year. It's certainly not easy, but really a lot of fun at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi M.J. - Thanks for mentioning the A to Z Challenge in this post - glad you're doing it again. It's hard to imagine it's that time of the year again...and look at the numbers - I wonder how many will be entering this year.

    I'm working on my posts too, but struggling with a theme...it seemed easier last year - now I'm wracking my brains trying to come up with something, oh well!

    Good luck!
    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete