Monday, February 20, 2012

21 Questions

The latest craze sweeping the blogosphere is this question and answer thing where you are tagged and asked to answer ten or eleven questions. Well, this weekend I was tagged twice. Once by Ava Quinn over at Tongue In Cheek (a wonderfully hilarious blog you should check out if you haven't already) and once by Jessica Salyer at Just Following A Dream. These questions combined number 21, hence my very clever title. Here are my answers to their questions:

Ava's Questions:

1. When is your favorite time to write?

My favorite time to write is at night, after all other mammals in my household are asleep. That's when I can barricade myself in my office and break out the weaponry. Both literal and figurative.

2. What would you like to change about the place where you write?

I'd like it to be located in some fabulous oceanfront home on Mount Desert Island in Maine. Other than that, I'd say I need more bookshelf space.

3. Who is your favorite villain?

My favorite villain is Dr. Horrible. Running a close second is Dr. Doofenschmirtz. I also have a soft spot for Skeletor.

4. Which do you prefer? Mel Brooks' movies or Monty Python's?

Ava mentioned she thought this was the toughest question and I think she might be right but I have to go with Monty Python because Monty Python and the Holy Grail is on my top ten list of all time favorite movies.

5. Who is your favorite character from The Princess Bride?

The second toughest question. I have debated on this question for a while (a very long time) and have decided to go with Fezzik.

6. If you could meet anyone living today, who would it be?

Joss Whedon. Next question.

7. What is your favorite dish that your mom used to make for you?

I am the quintessential picky eater and so my favorite meal growing up (and still today) was dubbed the yellow meal. It was homemade macaroni and cheese, corn and cornbread. It bored every other member of my family.

8. What song are you really into right now?

Right now, I am really into the song Come Back Home by Chris Pureka. The lyrics are lovely.



9. If you had a kickass Halloween party to go to and you had unlimited resources to prepare, what would you go as?

I don't know exactly. But assuming I'd also have the unlimited confidence to pull it off, I'd say some kind of medieval-esque celtic warrior woman. But let's face it... it would really be an excuse to procure myself some kick ass weaponry.

10. Who from your past would you Facebook stalk but never want to see in real life?

I guess an ex-boyfriend or two but other than that, I really don't know.


Jessica's Questions

1. What is the nicest thing anyone has done for you?

A few years ago at Christmas, my brother and sister-in-law surprised me with copies of my book (not for sale or anything. Just personal use). Like in actual book form. As I'd only ever seen it in a three ring binder, it was amazingly awesome to see it as a book. I was beyond moved. I was even more moved when I learned that they got me two copies because I am a freak who has actual "reading" and "non reading" copies of the same books. And then, to top it off, I found out other friends were willing to go to extreme lengths to create this present for me. It was all very, very sweet.

2. Who is your favorite author?

Ellen Emerson White. If you're into YA, I highly recommend her President's Daughter series. It includes The President's Daughter, White House Autumn, Long Live The Queen and Long May She Reign. I have been obsessed with these books since I was in the seventh grade and read them once a year.

I'm also in love with John Green. That man's a freaking genius.

3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?

England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Long enough to photograph everything in sight.

4. What's one addiction you have?

I am addicted to buying books. I'm seriously going to need a second house soon, just to have a place to put them all.

5. What's your favorite time of day?

I love the overnight hours. That's when I tend to do my most writing.

6. What's your favorite food?

Well, I've already talked about my love for mac and cheese so this time, I'll go with chocolate cake. But without frosting. It just gets in the way.

7. What inspires your writing the most?

Currently, my biggest inspiration comes from music.

8. What is one of your pet peeves?

I hate it when people forget to turn off their blinkers.

9. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

My niece says she'd go with flying but I want to pick vampire slayer fighting skills so I can be like Buffy Summers.

10. Do you have a pet?

Yes. 2 cats, 2 dogs, one significant other and this blog.

11. If you had to change your name, and pick it, what would you change it to?

River Tam.




That is going to do it for me today. My too cool for school niece is in town and we're headed out to do some wild and crazy things. Every kid needs an aunt who lets them do such things and I'm hers. But don't worry, mom... we're completely safe. Safe-ish.

See y'all next time!

17 comments:

  1. Your answers are too cool! And I can see you dressing up in that warrior outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21 questions. Wow. I don't know if I have that many answers in me. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe some of your answers - it could have been me answering. Joss Whedon is my idol. I literally can't think of anyone I look up to more. I would totally be Buffy (or River) if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great but hard questions. My favorite character in The Princess Bride. Oh my, I still can't pick one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh a Joss Whedon fan! Too bad Firefly got canceled. So tragic. Dr. Horrible is amazing and super sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wanted to have an aunt like that. River Tam is a great name and so is chocolate cake without icing. I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great to read your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love chocolate cake w/o frosting,too. I also don't like it when peeps leave on thier blinkers. It really pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are just so gosh darn popular, lady. And of course I loved your answers. Ahhh, Dr. Horrible, such a fantastic villain. And Fezzik- whom I think of and then these words pop into my head, "Anyone want a peanut?"

    And thanks for them there kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your answers...and I love Dr Horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I'd do well with a lot of these questions, but I'm with you on the chocolate cake.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved learnign more about you MJ! YOu and I have the same addiction--books. I have like 692 as of last count and I seriously don't know how I manage to fit them all in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fun and tell me so much about your personality.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES! I am so glad you listed Dr. Horrible. The soundtrack is in my car right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. River Tam. Way cool! Love that you have 2 kitties as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must concur with #4 - The Holy Grail was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha I enjoyed all your answers, especially the Firefly references :)

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete