Monday, January 16, 2012

Falling Behind




It was inevitable, I suppose. After all, I'd just written a blog post on how damn productive I'd been so naturally that's when I start falling behind.

My original plan was for me to have edited Effigy's first eleven chapters by the end of Saturday. I came close, damn close (well, maybe not damn close) but then the Patriots game started and I was distracted.

So here I am, on Monday morning, with two more chapters to edit before I can get caught up with last week's goals. And then there are this week's goals. This week's goals are to edit chapters 12-17 which, on first glance, doesn't look like that much until you know that I had the brilliant idea to insert a trio of new scenes into chapters 12-17. I don't have a more specific place for these scenes as I haven't yet figure out where exactly they're going to go. Oh and none of these scenes are fully written yet (details...) but even so, they're already having that ripple effect on the rest of this section.

I should really stop doing that.

And I should really get back to that grindstone. Pages to go before I sleep and all of that...


Oh, one last thing...

Stephen Tremp's new book, Opening, was released today. It's now available for download on Amazon and Smashwords (softcover editions to be available later). Head over to his site for all the details...

Congratulations, Stephen, and best of luck to you!

14 comments:

  1. I applaud you. I'm still trying to figure out what my writing/editing goals are. :)

    Yay Pats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool!!

    Just saw this book on Cavanaugh's blog :D

    Good luck with your editing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melissa- Thanks for applause. Not sure I've earned it, but I still appreciate it. =) And yay for Pats fans@

    @Jolene- Thanks. I have a feeling I'll need all the luck I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first week I've gone into for a while by being ahead. Hope you catch up. I'm going to check out Stephen's blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inserting scenes - that's always difficult. You can do it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it girl! And I know all about the rewrites and edits...totally my life right now. And it sucks because today I feel like crap and only edited one chapter so far!

    We can be the little trains that could!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got through 6 chapters today. Edits that is and drafted my first chapter to the next book in my series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a pretty epic game. You can't blame yourself for that. Just keep telling yourself: "Don't stop! You can do it."

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do it! But even if you have to push it back a day or two, in the long run it won't be a big deal. Just don't rush through it to get it done, though, which sounds tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you may have fallen a little behind this weekend, but wasn't it worth it to see the Pats school Tebow & Co?

    I'm so far behind with my own writing that yours seems like it's coming from next week. Wait, does that make sense? No? Good. I was starting to get worried. Anyway, best of luck with the edits, the new scenes, and overcoming the ripple effect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with all the editing! Falling a little behind is okay. Just stay on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, that sounds familiar... Though be proud to have made it to chapter 11!! That beats me by about... 11 chapters :\

    ReplyDelete
  13. Falling behind after being ahead? Who can't relate to that! Love the mini feature on Stephen Tremp's book :o)

    ReplyDelete