Monday, January 30, 2012

Dazed and Confused

A friend of mine passed away this weekend.

It was sudden. Unexpected. A freak accident. I mean such a freak accident that I'm still surprised I'm writing this sentence. One day we were standing in the grocery store where she worked talking about German shepherds and god knows what else and then the next day, I'm finding out via Facebook (of all places) that she's gone.

And she shouldn't be. She really shouldn't be.

It's left me— understandably I guess— in a weird place. I'm trying very hard to do what I need to do, to continue living my life or whatever because I can and I should but I keep getting distracted. The kind of distracted where you sort of just start staring off into space because your head's figuring out that everything's changed but maybe the rest of you hasn't quite caught on yet.

So please, bear with me and please, if you can spare prayers and well wishes, send some her family's way.

11 comments:

  1. Take your time sorting it all out MJ. Thoughts and prayers with you and her family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you can find peace soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry! Prayers for you and your friend's family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss. I guess it's a reminder to all of us to live each day well because we never know when our time is up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many condolences. I can't think of anything not-horribly-cliched to say, so I'll leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tons of wishes sent your way. I'm so sorry for your loss, for you and your friend's family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely-- prayers are lifted. So sorry about your friend.

    FB can be a blessing and sometimes not.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry, Melissa. When something so unexpected like this happens, it definitely takes a while to internalize it. Take your time. You know I'll be checking in, waiting for when you're ready to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand where you are. About 20 years ago, my best friend was shot to death in a 7-Eleven. I was supposed to be with him that night. I found something of his when we moved recently, and it still hurt like it was new.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this. I understand that "weird place" you described. Take all the time you need, and my sympathies to you and to your friend's family.

    ReplyDelete