Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday


Well. It's the end of November which also means it's the end of the I Love Dark YA Blogfest hosted by the YAtopia crew. Today's topic is "Waiting On Wednesday" where participants are asked to blog about the dark YA books they're most looking forward to. I'm looking forward to hopping around to see what everyone else writes because I love suggestions on books that I should read. Not that I'm ever running low on books to read (my goodness, you should see the number of books I bought at the Borders going out of business sale. I should really have no need to buy another book until 2013 but hell, I couldn't even make it until the end of 2011. I am what I am.) but I still like to add to that TBR pile.

Yesterday, as I prepared for this blog, I was looking over my Amazon wish list and there are a lot of exciting titles coming out in 2012 (get 'em out now before the world ends, kids!) but these are the three dark YA titles over which I am near breathless with excitement:


Have you ever read anything by John Green? I first read his novels this year after reading so many great things about him on so many blogs that he could no longer be ignored. If you haven't read his stuff, you MUST check out Paper Towns, Looking For Alaska and Will Grayson, Will Grayson (co-authored with David Levithan. In an aside, my personal copy of Will Grayson, Will Grayson seems to have gone missing. This REALLY doesn't make me happy.) The Fault In Our Stars will be released on January 10th. Reserve your copy today!



This novel by Lauren DeStefano is the second in the Chemical Garden Trilogy. I read the first in the series, Wither, this year. I honestly didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. There was something in the way DeStefano created this story (especially the three sister-wives) that just grabbed me and I really want to know what happens next. Fortunately, on February 21st, I'll get my chance.



Black Heart
is the third novel in Holly Black's Curse Worker series. I read the first two offerings this year and knew instantly that I'd have to read any and all installments that followed. This woman is a master at world building and creating characters whom I just can't help but fall in love with. Black Heart will be available on April 3rd.

Well, that is going to do it for me today. Before I start my bloghop, I just want to thank our hosts for this fabulously fun blogfest:

Kelley York, Heather McCorkle, Christa Desir, and E.R. King.

Thanks for giving me a much needed NaNoWriMo distraction! Happy reading, all.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first ones in the series that you've mentioned. I'm also that person who HAS to read all of a series in order. I've had the Chemical Garden series on my TBR list which I keep in Goodreads. I'll look into these others you've listed. Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Fault In Our Stars, but I want to when it comes out. Thanks for the reminder to add it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, congrats on NaNo! You finished, yes?? (Or are so super close???) Second, OMG, the Fault In Our Stars, I've called my local indie about it twice to make sure they've ordered it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a Holly Black fangirl. Love the curseworkers series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you checked your dogs for your book? Where they sleep or where they, um, poop?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must read these, all of them. So many books, so little time. Congrats on Nanowrimo! I see your winner badge over there. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read book by any of these authors, so will have to check them out. Thanks! It was a fun November!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be looking forward to that new John Green too. Love that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some really excellent suggestions that I will be adding to my TBR mountain, I swear it could rival the Hindu Kush.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the Wither or the Curse Workers series, but I keep hearing how good they are, so I guess its time I make up for that.

    And I. Cannot. Wait. for The Fault In Our Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo hoo. Congrats on NaNo.

    I'd love to read all three. I'm most interested in John Green's book, which I pre-ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVED Wither too - and am VERY excited for Fever. One of my fav Dystopian Series this year! I must get started on this Holly Black series you speak of. John Green - always amazing. :) (PS Are you glad NaNo is finished?)

    ReplyDelete