Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Still Love Dark YA But...


Well, it's a Wednesday in November and so that means it's time for another installment of the I Love Dark YA Blogfest hosted by the folks over at YAtopia. Today's theme is Music and Movie Fun where participants are asked to create either a soundtrack or a potential movie cast for a favorite dark YA novel.

Right up my alley, right?

Right.

But there's a thing.

I'm having kind of a hard time of it lately and while I did set out yesterday to create a soundtrack for Laurie Halse Anderson's novel Wintergirls, I didn't quite get there. Something had to give and it turned out it was this blogfest.

I thought I'd post a few songs anyway. These are some of my current obsession songs and one or more of them likely would've found their way into my soundtrack because, like I said, I'm obsessed with them. Happy listening...


Shelter by Birdy




We Don't Eat by James Vincent McMorrow




These Words by Jed Whedon (yes, as in the brother of Joss) and the Willing




Seven Devils by Florence + The Machine






So that'll do it for me today. I'd like to apologize to the other participants who may be stopping by here today. I really do hate not coming through on commitments. As always, I'll try to do better the next time...

17 comments:

  1. I'd love to talk to you one day about WinterGirls. I thought it was done quite well but I have strong misgivings about some eating disorder books bc they can be triggering. I didn't think this one was, but I still worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read Wintergirls, but I like your song choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that's okay. Putting together a soundtrack can be difficult. I couldn't do it either. But I love these song choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't decide on any songs that fit a book either. The machine is a good choice. I've had it on my i-pod, listening to it on repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful songs! Thanks for sharing, wrote a few down that I must get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay..Florence and the Machine is a great one for a playlist. The songs you picked are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice soundtrack. I really like that song called Seven Devils. So emotionally powerful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally relate. Don't feel bad. I almost bailed on this one too, but pulled it out of nowhere at 6 a.m. Great choice w/Florence and the Machine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked the Jed Whedon. I could write almost anything to that.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't sure if I liked the latest Florence + The Machine CD on first listen....but oh, did it sell me after the third or fourth round.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE listening to Florence + The Machine while I write. Thanks for sharing these other songs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know how you feel! I almost bailed on this one too... But great song choices. And isn't it a fantastic book? I just read it a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wintergirls? Sounds intriguing! Yay for new victims on my To Read list!!

    P.s. New stalker alert ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wintergirls - - GREAT book, but if I remember the tone of it correctly, you would need some pretty depressing songs. YIKES. But I loved the book. Highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stopping by to have a look around.

    NEW FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! New blog reader here. I am currently obsessed with Florence + the Machine's new album in all it's various songed glory. Checking out Jed Whedon and the Willing now.

    ReplyDelete