Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Top Ten Things I'd Rather Do...

...Than go to work today.

I am on my way to a shift at The Store. I do not want to go to The Store today. All right, let's be honest. I never want to go to The Store. But today that feeling is worse than usual. It's October. It was bound to happen.

And so because today is Top Ten Tuesday, I'd like to offer up for your viewing pleasure the top ten things I'd rather be doing (and trust me, it was difficult to narrow it down to only ten):


10. Go to the dentist and sit through root canal. Without anesthesia.

9. Contract Diphtheria. Or the Plague.

8. Sit naked in a glass box filled with angry fire ants.

7. Watch Jersey Shore while reading Snooki's "book."

6. Become a Kardashian.

5. Watch a commercial featuring abused animals and/or starving children on an endless loop.

4. Join a cult of sparkily "vegetarian" vampires.

3. Watch the Justin Bieber movie. Again.

2. Root for the Jets. Or the Colts. Or, hell, even the Yankees.

1. Tell Ian Somerhalder (or Jared Padalecki or Jensen Ackles or Jacoby Ellsbury) to put his shirt back on.



So that's my list. Tell me what would you rather do than work today?

9 comments:

  1. rofl :) I'm lucky, today I get to work from home, so I hate it a little less. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I'd rather be writing, reading, or blogging. I go back to work tomorrow. Wednesday through SUnday. Off Monday and Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work today consists of making lighting plots and set designs which sounds as if it ought to be a lot more fun than it is. So, in lieu of doing that, I have done the following - which should give some indication of how bad it is.

    1. Found and removed dead mice.
    2. Cleaned out the fridge.
    3. Emptied the compost bin.
    4. Made a shopping list.
    5. Spent far too long on Facebook playing "Gardens of Time"
    6. Sorted out the clean washing.
    7. Put the clean washing away.
    8. Put the dirty washing in the machine.

    9 and 10 will be an assault on Precinct Teen Bedroom, but I'm not quite there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 7 had me snickering, but when I reached Number 1 I couldn't help but LoL.

    Hope you manage to have a decent day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bieber thing might be too much...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, work was fun for me today. I got to watch 11th graders try to pass a standardized test. Yes, I'm a bit of a sadist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have days like this too although I don’t know if I’ve ever been desperate enough to have rather been reading Snookie’s book. I kind of want to have an intervention for you since you said that. This is serious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've actually HAD a root canal without Novocaine. (Okay, fine, it was only HALF the root canal when the Novocaine wore off, but still.) There are days when I'd rather relive that horrifying experience than be at my job, too.

    ReplyDelete