Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Irresistibly Sweet? Me? Surely You Can't Be Serious.


Tara Tyler over at Tara Tyler Talks has bestowed upon me the Irresistibly Sweet Blog award.

Pause For Laughter.

No, really. She did.

It's very kind of her to do that especially since this blog is, more often than not, an exercise in whining and complaining. I'm working on that. I promise.

Now, before I go much further, I just want to say that I've been the lucky recipient of other blog awards in the past. I've never posted about them actually in my blog before but if I know about them, I always make it a point to go out and thank the person who thought I was worthy of being singled out. But as I'm in the throes of NaBloWriMo and Hell Week, I'm currently running a bit short on creativity (although you could probably make the argument that I'm never exactly flush with the stuff), I'm going to take advantage of the timing.

So thanks again, Tara, for helping a girl out!

Except that I'm supposed to list seven fun facts about myself. I'm not even sure there are seven facts about myself, fun or not. But as this is the Irresistibly Sweet Blog award, I think I'll just list my seven favorite desserts.

It's not the best picture but still, you get the idea.

1. Double Chocolate Box Cake from the little coffee shop in the lobby at the Treasure Island hotel in Las Vegas. As seen on the right...

2. Any other chocolate cake.

3. Pretty much any other kind of cake.

4. Cake like brownies (let me know if you notice a theme developing).

5. Fudge like brownies.

6. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

7. Boston Cream Pie.


As I understand it, I am now supposed to pass on the award and so I would like to give a shout out to:

Bonnie Rae at Just Words

She has a great blog and I love going out to see what she has to say. You should head out there too!

That does it for me today. I'll try and do better the next time...

7 comments:

  1. Let me guess - you like chocolate?
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont sugar coat it!
    chocolate makes you sweet!

    enjoy =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always stop here for all the sweet, sweet sarcasm - which is my dessert of choice.

    And, man, does that Vegas confection look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolateeeee *drools* Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete