Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Coming Attractions


So beginning on Saturday, October 1st, I will be participating in NaBloWriMo. (Yes, I know the pic on the left is from 2010 but the new buttons aren't ready yet.) This stands for National Blog Writing Month in which participants will attempt to write a blog entry every single day of the month in October. I view it as a warm up to NaNoWriMo in November.

I participated last year and did successfully post every single day. And since my blogging has fallen off in recent months, I thought NaBloWriMo might be just the thing to get me back on track because I do so hate to not complete a goal.

In order to help me with this task, I have decided to set a schedule for the month. I've never done this before so I don't really know how it'll work out but I guess we never really know anything until we try.


Here's my proposed schedule:

Silly Sundays: In which I will post things which make me laugh.

Music Mondays: In which I will post things, you know, music related. Playlists and the like.

Top Ten Tuesdays: In which I will post a list of my top ten somethings. Have something you'd like to see listed? Let me know. I am open to suggestions.

Writing Wednesdays: In which I will post about writing in some way, shape or form. Excerpts, updates, whatever.

Thursday Thoughts: In which I will post about whatever's on my mind. The true 'Anything Goes' day. Fear that.

Photo Fridays: In which I will post pictures. Pictures that inspire my writing, pictures I've taken around town, whatever.

Small Screen Saturdays: In which I will post my weekly television round up. Wanna know what I thought of Glee? Well, you'll find it here.


So that is what I'm aiming to do. It will be subject to change should something else come up. For example, the first Sunday post (October 2nd) will be my monthly book review post. Man, two days in and already I'll be deviating from the plan. Wonder what the rest of the month will bring...

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lot of fun and I wish you luck. I can't wait to see what you post for these cool themes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan to me! I did it last year and had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!!

    I've ALMOST done that in the past, but October's turning into one huge month of insanity for me this year so I'm out :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Michael. I wish I had the time, but I don't. I'll be tuning in as often as I can, though.

    How about a top ten foods with bacon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great (and like a lot of work) and I can't wait to read your posts.

    Top ten desserts? Top ten cities to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds pretty good. My blogging has taken a hit too, so I may participate as well. Don't know what the hell I'll write about though :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. This schedule is awesome, but I might think you slightly psychotic for taking this on right before NaNoWriMo. Just saying:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Christa- better than taking it on during NaNoWriMo, I suppose. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plans are good and deadlines are even better :) I like your schedule plan and may try and do the same thing myself.

    ReplyDelete