Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Addlepated and the Holiday Weekend




So how was everyone's holiday weekend? I know a lot of you went camping— some of you for the first time. I spent a good portion of my holiday weekend manning the fitting rooms at The Store because half The Store's staff has quit (due to the ridiculous nature of The Store's management but you didn't hear that from me...wait. Everyone's heard that fro m me. Never mind.) and they were desperate for someone, anyone, with the ability to stand there and say, "Would you like to try that on?" and "How'd those work out for you?" And then, when I was asked the dreaded "does this make me look fat?" question, I said, "Yes" because it was the truth (I always tell the truth when asked that question) and was pleasantly surprised when the woman who asked it did not call me a skinny bitch and storm off in a huff.

Miracles do happen!

At any rate, I hope y'all had a great weekend.

Now let's talk about Addlepated.


Addlepated is the solo project created by my very good friend Mike (aka The Very Best Beta Reader In All The World). He wrote, recorded, produced and did everything else that goes into the creation of an album. Lost in the Snow is the result. It's now available for your perusal (and purchase) at Bandcamp, a site that gives indie artists the ability to distribute their music to a world wide audience. You can(And should) click HERE to check out Addlepated's Bandcamp page. If you do, you can listen to and download music. You can also read the lyrics to the songs, including the fifth track, Maelstrom, a song whose lyrics were written by me (how's that for some nice use of the passive voice? I swear, my lyrics are better!).

Addlepated's Facebook page can be found HERE.

So please, if you have the time, go check it out...

Congratulations to Mike for having accomplished this! It's really quite a feat and, as someone who never has finished anything ever, I salute you.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your friend Mike!
    And I always hate it when women ask that question...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. I went shopping yesterday. And, clean the downstairs part of my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see why people ask those questions; especially when the answer is either something they don't want to hear or a lie. :P

    Congratulations to Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on your friend Mike. I'm always looking for cool new music. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on The Store. People should never ask questions they aren't prepared to hear the answers to.

    My bear experience taught me to stay far away from camping so i spent a lazy Memorial Day lounging on a cushioned chair with alcohol in abundance.

    Congrats to Mike. I wish him tons of success and will have to go and take a listen.

    ReplyDelete