Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Upswing?


Hey, remember those writing goals I set way back in February? The ones I failed over and over again to achieve? Well, it took me a month but I have finally managed to move those last two pain in my ass chapters into the 'Done' column.

Sure, I had to stay up all night to make it happen and now I am spending more time than not staring vacantly off into space (although, to be fair, there's a possibility I'd be doing that even if I'd gotten a full eight hours of sleep) and my wrist hurts like a- like a- Well you know what? Insert your own appropriate simile. Bonus points will be given for creativity. I'm all tapped out at the moment.

I'm really rather tired. But unlike Sunday night when I didn't sleep because of the Gator Girl's untimely all night pukeapalooza event (as fun as it sounds), this is a good tired. I never mind staying up all night long when the end result is a healthy word count.

And a very healthy word count it is. Schism, the first part of my WIP, Second Nature, is currently sitting at at total of 96,116 words and I am currently feeling rather impressed with myself because for the first time in a long time, I may not hate each and every one of those words.

Of course, it could just be the fatigue talking. Still, this means that I can move forward with the second part of the WIP, Lineage. And I am very much looking forward to doing so. Right after I take a nap...

Hope you're experiencing success with your own endeavors.

2 comments:

  1. That's an impressive word count. My current WIP is at 35K and I'm behind where I hoped to be by this time. Promotion keeps interrupting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey congratulations. That's a lot of words! Good luck with the next part (after some much needed rest).

    ReplyDelete